Why iTunes Cannot Transfer My Videos to iPhone or iPad
Have a large movie collection on computer but cannot upload it to iPhone iPad with iTunes? Follow this guide to get videos transferred to iPhone.
Take a tour of this awarded software so that you can make use of it after reading this Why iTunes Cannot Transfer My Videos tutorial.
As a universal desktop media player, iTunes can play a wide variety of videos, like the movie files that end in ".mov", ".m4v", or ".mp4". However, iPhone, iPad and some modes of iPod only play videos in specific formats. If your video contents are not purchased from iTunes Store, you'll have good chance that they won't sync to iPhone, iPad with iTunes.
Don't Miss: How to Transfer Music from iPhone to iTunes
For instance, trying to import an MKV HD movie to iPad, iTunes will warn you that: XXX was not copied to iPad because it cannot be played:
Failed Transfer Videos to iPhone (Credit: Apple.com)
Part 1: Create iPod or iPhone Version with iTunes
It's glad to see iTunes offers an option to convert these iTunes supported video files to an iPod or iPhone version. Follow Open iTunes > Select the video file that won't move to iPhone > Click File on the top side > Create New Version > Create iPod or iPhone version:
Create iPod or iPhone Version with iTunes
However, as long as you use this feature, you'll find many inconveniences, such as:
- As you can't modify conversion settings with iTunes, you will loss tremendous quality or get a overwhelming big file.
- You need to make sure the video file is supported by iTunes. Otherwise, you even cannot import it.
- There is no reason to duplicate giant video files and keep both of them on the computer (Learn how to remove duplicates in iTunes).
Part 2: A Better Solution for Syncing Videos to iPhone iPad
To import videos to iPhone iPad, you'd better use a dedicated software like AnyTrans. This all around iPhone iPad Manager is armed with advanced trans-coding engine that will convert all incompatible video/audio media to iDevice friendly format. During the transferring, it will automatically optimize the video and audio quality according to your device's standard. Start Taking A Tour >
More Related Articles You May Like
- Transfer Music from iPhone to Computer for Free - Step-by-step iPhone guide teaches you to transfer music from iPhone to PC. Read more >>
- Transfer Windows Media Player Music to/from iTunes - Want to change your media library from Windows Media Player to iTunes? Read more >>
- Some Music Won't Sync to iPhone - Why some songs won't sync from iTunes to iPhone? We collected some feedback from our users and. Read more >>
- Copy Music from iPhone to iTunes - How do you transfer music from iPhone to iTunes library as backup? Read more >>