Many iPhone users want to transfer their iCloud photos to Dropbox due to various reasons. So, you can learn how to transfer photos from iCloud to Dropbox in this quick tip.
iCloud is Apple native cloud storages services that allow users to sync their iOS and Mac device data with each other. It can help you make a backup of your iOS device very easily as well as restore the data in case some mishap happens. But since iCloud is lacking in several of the features available in other cloud services like Dropbox, people want to know how to transfer photos from iCloud to Dropbox.
Some users want to transfer their iCloud photos to Dropbox because it is one of the easiest cloud storage and file syncing service. With it, you can sync your files among iOS, Android, Windows, Linux as well as Mac devices, unlike iCloud that only supports iOS, Mac and Windows. So, people who want to switch from iOS to Android may want to learn how to move photos from iCloud to Dropbox as iCloud doesn’t support Android platform. Freeing up iCloud space may be another reason to move photos to Dropbox. So, in this post, we have given some tips on how to copy photos from iCloud to Dropbox.
There are many ways to transfer photos from iCloud to Dropbox. Below we have given some methods on how to transfer photos from iCloud to Dropbox –
Method 1: Using iCloud Drive
If you want to move your iCloud photos to Dropbox, you can use the iCloud Drive app on your iPhone. This app will directly transfer photos from iCloud to Dropbox without needing to download it to the phone and then uploading it to Dropbox. To learn how to copy photos from iCloud to Dropbox using iCloud Drive, follow the below steps –
1. Open the iCloud Drive on your iOS device.
2. Select the photo you want to transfer and then tap on the Share button.
3. Choose Dropbox from the menu and select in which Dropbox folder you want to save the file.
4. Finally, click the Save button and the photos will be copied to Dropbox.
You need to have Dropbox app on your iPhone to use this method.
Method 2: Using Photos App
You can also move your iCloud files to Dropbox using the photos app. Since photos app is directly synced to iCloud, you can transfer iCloud photos to Dropbox. It also needs to have Dropbox app on your iPhone.
1. Open the Photos app on your iPhone and then select the Photos that you want to move to Dropbox.
2. Then, click on the Export button and select Dropbox from the menu.
3. Next, you can delete photos from the Photos app and ultimately delete it from iCloud.
You need to have enabled Photos in iCloud Settings of your iPhone to view the entire photos stored on iCloud.
Method 3: Using Dropbox and iCloud Desktop app
You can also use the iCloud and Dropbox desktop apps to transfer photos from iCloud to Dropbox. Follow the below steps to learn how to move photos from iCloud to Dropbox using the desktop clients –
1. Download and install both the iCloud and Dropbox Desktop app on your computer (only Dropbox in case of Mac).
2. Then set up the Dropbox and iCloud Desktop client and sign in to them.
3. This will create iCloud Drive and Dropbox folder on your hard drive which can be accessed from the Favorites on the side navigation pane. The apps will sync their content with your computer.
4. Now, go to iCloud Drive folder and drag and drop the photos to the Dropbox folder.
Method 4. Using AnyTrans for Cloud
To transfer photos from iCloud to Dropbox, there is an easy and simple method for you – AnyTrans for Cloud. It’s a professional cloud drive management tool that can help you manage multiple cloud drives at the same time. Now check some main features of this tool:
Now just free sign up AnyTrans for Cloud and follow the steps below to transfer photos from iCloud to Dropbox with ease.
Step 1. On the homepage of AnyTrans for Cloud: click Add New > Add Cloud > then add your iCloud and Dropbox account to this tool.
Step 2. Click iCloud from the left sidebar > select the photo you want to transfer to Dropbox > click Sync to Cloud.
Step 3. Choose Dropbox as your target cloud drive and click Start to create a sync task. You’ll find these photos on your Dropbox content.
Though iCloud is a convenient cloud service for Apple devices, it fails in comparison to cloud services like Dropbox. So many users want to know how to transfer photos from iCloud to Dropbox so that they can use the advanced features available on these services. And AnyTrans for Cloud is definitely a great helper to manage multiple cloud drives at one place.Now just get AnyTrans for Cloud and have a trial >
Product-related questions? Contact Our Support Team to Get Quick Solution >