In order to meet users’ needs in different countries, HUAWEI provides multiple languages. Please follow the steps below to switch and choose the preferred language:
1. Go to Settings > Language & input > Language & region.
2. Tap Language and select your preferred language. After that, please click Change.
Connecting mobile data or Wi-Fi are two ways to access Internet. Here are detailed steps of how to connect your HUAWEI to the Internet:
Connect HUAWEI to Mobile Data:
1. Swipe right-to-left across the Home screen, or swipe down from the top, and then tap Settings > More > Mobile network.
2. Tap Mobile data to turn it on (showing blue).
Connect HUAWEI to WiFi:
1. Swipe right-to-left across the Home screen, or swipe down from the top, then tap Settings. Tap Wi-Fi, and then check that WLAN is turned on.
2. Tap the name of your wireless network and enter the wireless password if required. Tap Connect.
3. If successful, you'll see “Connected” below the network name and a fan-shaped Wi-Fi symbol on the top line of the display.
There are various wallpapers on Internet. You may want to switch the default wallpapers to your preferred wallpapers on HUAWEI. Please follow the detailed steps to change wallpapers:
1. Open HUAWEI > Go to Settings > Click Display > Choose Wallpaper option.
2. In the Wallpapers setting, you can change Lock screen wallpaper and Home screen wallpaper.
3. Click Home screen wallpaper > choose the preferred theme based on your needs.
4. After that, please click “√” button to apply it to your phone.
Mobile phone screenshots bring us a lot of convenience. Please follow the steps to learn about how to take a screenshot on HUAWEI.
1. Locate something on your HUAWEI phone that you want to capture.
2. Hold down on the Power and Volume down buttons at the same time.
3. After several seconds, an animation will appear, which lets you know that you’ve successfully captured the image.
4. If you want to find your screenshots later, open the Gallery application and locate them in the screenshots folder.
To communicate in different languages, many users may need to change the keyboard's language in the HUAWEI phone. Please follow the steps to learn about how to change the keyboard's language on HUAWEI.
1. Tap Settings > Scroll down and tap Language & input.
2. Tap the info icon beside Google Keyboard.
3. Tap Languages.
4. By default, the phone will use the current system language as the keyboard language. To change the language, tap Use system language.
5. Tap the language you wish to use.
When the mobile phone is used frequently, the functions will be stuck. Through system updates, the system will run faster. And adding more features to system updates can solve some common system problems in the use of mobile phones. Please follow the steps below to learn about how to update the operating system on HUAWEI:
1. Go to settings > tap System.
2. Tap System update > tap CHECK FOR UPDATES. Your phone will search for available updates.
Based on the ambient light, we need to set the brightness of the screen. Please follow the steps below to adjust the brightness on HUAWEI:
1. Swipe down from the top of the screen.
2. Drag the slider to adjust the brightness.
3. To disable auto-brightness, tap Auto.
When your device is not always responding to commands, a hard reset might be your optimal choice. Please follow the steps below to restore HUAWEI to factory settings:
1. Go to Settings on your device > Tap Backup & reset.
2. Scroll down the screen > Tap Factory data reset > Tap Reset Phone.
If you just get a new phone, the Developer options usually are hidden. To launch Developer options, please refer to the steps below:
1. Please go “Settings” on HUAWEI > Select “About phone” option.
2. Please tap “Build number” several times until a message “You are now a developer!” appears on your mobile screen. After that, please return to the “Settings”, and you will see “Developer options”.
USB debugging option on Andriod device helps transfer data between device and computer. To turn on USB debugging option on HUAWEI, please refer to the detailed instructions below:
1. Open HUAWEI device > Go Settings > Click Developer options > Choose USB debugging option > Turn on the blue switch.
2. Please tap OK to allow USB debugging.
To turn on USB debugging option on (Android 4.0) HUAWEI, please kindly refer to the detailed instruction below:
Open HUAWEI device > Go Settings > Choose "USB debugging" option > Please tap "OK" to allow USB debugging.
In order to improve the security of mobile phone and avoid the annoyance of password input, the user will choose to set up fingerprint. Please follow the steps below to set up fingerprint on HUAWEI.
1. Go to Settings > Choose Fingerprint ID > Tap New fingerprint.
2. Put your finger on the sensor, and remove and replace it when prompted. And move your finger slightly to scan the edges of your print.
3. When your print is fully scanned, you will see a Successfully enrolled screen. Then tap OK.
If you want to protect your private data on your HUAWEI phone, it’s important to set the screen lock. Please follow the steps below to set the screen lock code on HUAWEI:
1. Go to Settings > Tap Security & privacy.
2. Tap Screen lock & passwords > Tap Password.
3. Select PIN and enter a PIN. Then tap Continue.
4. Re-enter the PIN and then tap OK.
Power saving mode conserves battery power by limiting CPU performance, reducing screen brightness, and turning off the touch key light & vibration feedback. Using power saving mode can make your phone's battery last longer in critical situations or during daily usage. Please follow the steps below to learn to how to use power saving mode on HUAWEI.
1. From the home screen, tap Settings.
2. Tap Battery.
3. Tap the status switch beside Power saving mode.
4. When a window pops up, tap ENABLE.
To suit our personal taste, we may set various kinds of ringtones. Please follow the steps below to set ringtone:
1. Open HUAWEI > Go to Settings > Tap Sound > Choose Phone ringtone option.
2. Choose in-built ringtone or the music stored in music files on your phone as the ringtone.
Voicemail is a system that records phone messages from callers for later playback. Most people have voicemail accounts through their cell phones or landline phones. But things can get a little complicated when you don't have access to a phone or if you recently switched voicemail systems. Please follow the steps below to learn about how to listen to your voicemail on HUAWEI:
1. From the home screen, tap the Phone icon.
2. Tap and hold on the 1 key.
3. Follow the audio instructions to listen to your voicemail.
4. Tap the End Call icon to hang up.
Creating application folders makes it easier and more convenient to use your phone. Please follow the steps to learn about how to create an application folder on HUAWEI:
1. Tap and hold on an app you would like to add to the folder.
2. Drag it over another app you would like to add together and then lift you finger.
3. Tap Folder 1.
4. Enter a name for the folder and then tap check mark.
Many users need to create a HUAWEI ID to manage their HUAWEI phones. Please follow the steps learn about how to create a HUAWEI ID.
1. Create it on your phone. Go to Settings > Tap Huawei ID > Tap Register. Use your mobile number or email address to register.
2. Create it on your computer. Visit the Huawei Cloud website (cloud.huawei.com) and click Create Your HUAWEI ID. Select the Phone Number or Email tab from the upper-left corner of the screen.
Users can upload data to Huawei Cloud at any time and automatically back up data in daily life. Please follow the steps below to learn about how to sync data to Huawei Cloud.
1. Open Settings on HUAWEI > Tap Account center > Tap Cloud. You need a Huawei ID to login Huawei Cloud. If you don’t have it, please register a free account during the setup.
2. Turn on the button of the data type you want to sync to Cloud.