How to Backup iPad to External Hard Drive
If you want to backup iPad to external hard drive on PC or Mac easily, this guide will tell you how to make it with a step-by-step tutorial.
Download this powerful tool prior to save your time and then follow this guide to backup iPad to external hard drive on PC/Mac computer in minutes.
Through our survey, over 79% iPhone users rely iPhone / iTunes / iCloud to store their important personal data. In order to help you extract useful photos, messages, notes and more from your backup, we composed this 2016 iPhone Backup Extractor Software Review for your reference.
Regularly backing up your iPad is a good habit. It can be a lifesaver if your iPad run into any problems, such as mistaken deletion, failed iOS upgrade, or other unexpected reasons. But due to the limited storage space of computer, you probably cannot backup all the data of your iPad to computer.
At this moment, you may think about backing up your iPad to external hard drive. However, as we all know, you just cannot transfer your iPad data to external hard drive directly. Is there any method to solve this problem? The answer is definitely Yes. Thanks to AnyTrans, a professional iOS data manager can help you make it without effort. Just keep reading to get it.
Keep in mind that, one small accident, a virus, or hard drive failure can destroy all the important data on your computer. Don't even count on your local backups as they won't help in the common scenarios of your computer getting lost or stolen or damaged. Follow this detailed tutorial to backup Windows 10 to external hard drive (also learn how to backup Windows 7 to external hard drive).
The Tool You Need
AnyTrans, an easy-to-use iOS data manager is all you need to backup iPad to external hard drive on PC or Mac computer.
- It can help you backup the most important iPad data, like music, photos, videos, books and more.
- It allows you to preview and select the data you want to backup as per your needs.
- It enables you to transfer data from computer to iPad without data loss, and even from iPad to another iDevice directly.
Also Read: How to Transfer Data from iPad to iPad >
Want to give it a try? Click here to download AnyTrans and follow the steps below to backup iPad to external hard drive.
How to Backup iPad to External Hard Drive
Step 1: Launch AnyTrans > Connect your iPad to computer > Plug in your external hard drive.
Step 2: Click on Content to PC/Mac button on the homepage.
How to Backup iPad to External Hard Drive – Step 2
Step 3: Select the data you want to backup > Click on the Select button to set your external hard drive as the destination > Click on Start Transfer.
How to Backup iPad to External Hard Drive – Step 3
Note: You can also preview and select the data you need, here take backup iPad photos for example. Click on Photos > Select one album > Choose the pictures you want to backup > Click on To Computer button > Select the external hard drive as destination > Click on Open.
How to Backup iPad Photos to External Hard Drive
The Bottom Line
AnyTrans can be your good helper in managing your iPad data, so why not give it a free try? If you have any questions on this guide or AnyTrans, please feel free to contact us via email. We will reply to you as early as possible.
What's Hot on iMobie
New iOS Data to iPhone Transfer Guidelines > iMobie Team·August 12
2016 Best iPhone Data Recovery Tools Review > Corrinla·August 27
2016 Best iPhone Backup Extractor Tools > Tom·August 16
How to Recover Deleted Text Messages iPhone > Corrinla·March 17
How to Transfer Photos from iPhone to PC > Kelly·August 06
More Related Articles You May Like
- How to Backup iPhone to External Hard Drive – Read this guide to know about how to backup iPhone to external hard drive. Read More >>
- How to Backup iPad to PC/Mac in an Easier Way – This guide will show you how to backup iPad to computer easily. Read More >>
- How to Restore iPad from iPhone Backup – After reading this post you will know how to restore iPad from iPhone backup. Read More >>
- What You Can Do with a New iPad Pro – This guide will show you 5 cool things you can do with your new iPad Pro. Read More >>
- How to Transfer Contacts from iPhone to iPhone – Want a way to transfer from the old iPhone contacts to the new? Check this guide to learn more. Read More >>
- How to Transfer Photos from iPhone to Mac – Learn how to offload your Camera Roll photos from iPhone to your Mac in few clicks. Read More >>
- What Is the Best iPhone File Transfer – Need an all-in-one iPhone File Transfer software to keep everything organized? Here is the answer. Read More >>