How to Backup iPhone to External Hard Drive
Want to backup iPhone to external hard drive but do not know how? This iMobie guide will show you one easy and quick method to transfer selected iPhone contents to external hard drive as per your needs.
Download this powerful iOS data manager prior to save your time before we start this guide on how to backup iPhone to external hard drive.
Through our survey, over 79% iPhone users rely iPhone / iTunes / iCloud to store their important personal data. In order to help you extract useful photos, messages, notes and more from your backup, we composed this 2016 iPhone Backup Extractor Software Review for your reference.
The multiple backups created by your iPhone, iPad or iPod via iTunes can eat up considerable space on your computer. That’s because iOS backup files can take up multiple gigabytes your start up disk, so you may want to backup your iPhone to an external hard drive instead of the original location.
In this tip, we will show you how to backup your iPhone to external drive by transferring your photos, videos, songs, contacts, notes, and more from iPhone to external hard drive.
How to Backup Your iPhone to External Drive
One small accident, a virus, or hard drive failure can destroy all the important data on your computer. Don't even count on your local backups as they won't help in the common scenarios of your computer getting lost or stolen or damaged. Follow this detailed tutorial to backup Windows 10 to external hard drive (also learn how to backup Windows 7 to external hard drive).
The Tool You Need
AnyTrans is designed for all iPhone, iPad and iPod models to transfer, backup, and manage iOS data on PC/Mac.
1. It helps you backup iPhone to external hard drive including photos, videos, songs, contacts, messages, calendar, etc.
2. It allows you to transfer these backup files to your iPhone without wiping the existing data.
3. You can also backup your iPhone to computer directly and view the specific files anytime you want.
How to Backup iPhone to External Hard Drive with AnyTrans
Step 1. Run AnyTrans on your PC or Mac, and plugin with your iPhone. AnyTrans will show you the device info and the iOS data it supported. Connect your external hard drive to the computer.
Step 2. Click the Content to PC/Mac shortcut button. This will allow you to transfer kinds of iPhone data to computer or an external drive.
Backup iPhone to External Hard Drive with AnyTrans
Step 3. Select the file type you want to backup from iPhone to external drive, and then click the green Select button to set your external as the destination. Click Start Transfer button.
Backup iPhone to External Drive with AnyTrans
The Bottom Line
AnyTrans is your best backup program for iPhone/iPad/iPod by allowing you to transfer data to computer or external hard drive. Moreover, it also manages to transfer data between two iDevices, so you can move data to the new iPhone 6s (Plus) with ease. Start Taking a Tour >
What's Hot on iMobie
More Related Articles You May Like
- How to Move iTunes Library to New PC/Mac – This guide shows you two ways to move iTunes Library to new computer. Read more >>
- How to Backup iPhone without iTunes – Here you will know a good way to backup iPhone without iTunes. Read more >>
- Top iTunes Backup Extractors for You – This guide shows you two smart iTunes backup extracting tools for you. Read more >>
- How to Transfer Music from iPhone to Flash Drive - In this guide, we will show you how to transfer music from iPhone to USB. Read more >>
- How to Transfer Contacts from iPhone to iPhone – Want a way to transfer from the old iPhone contacts to the new? Check this guide to learn more. Read More >>
- How to Transfer Photos from iPhone to Mac – Learn how to offload your Camera Roll photos from iPhone to your Mac in few clicks. Read More >>
- What Is the Best iPhone File Transfer – Need an all-in-one iPhone File Transfer software to keep everything organized? Here is the answer. Read More >>