How to Backup iTunes Library to External Drive
Searching for a way to backup iTunes Library to an external drive? Get a quick solution in this guide.
AnyTrans is made to manage iOS-related files, download it to have a try before we start this tutorial on how to backup iTunes Library to external drive selectively.
An iTunes library is a database of all your music collections and other media that you add to iTunes, and it is especially important to make a backup of it in case you got a sudden hard drive crash on your computer. Saving the iTunes Library to an external hard drive regularly is recommended.
There are lots of tutorials that teach you how to move the whole iTunes Library folder to an external drive, and you need to find the location of the folder. In this post, we will show you how to quickly and selectively save music, movies, ringtones, and more in iTunes Library to an external HD.
The Tool We Will Need
AnyTrans is both an iOS file manager and an iTunes Library extractor for all iPhone, iPad, and iPod users. It perfectly works on all Windows and Mac computers. Have a look at its main features:
- Extract iTunes Library on PC and Mac and easily export music, playlist, movies, ringtones, and more from the iTunes Library to an external hard drive.
- Rebuild the iTunes Library by moving music, movies, playlist and more from iPhone to iTunes.
- Support syncing data from iTunes to an iPhone without wiping previous content.
- Transfer music, movies, ringtones, photos, and more from one iPhone to another directly.
How to Backup iTunes Library to External Drive Using AnyTrans
To begin with, you need to download and install AnyTrans on your computer. At the same time, make sure the external HD is plugged into the computer.
Step 1. Open AnyTrans, and connect your iPhone to computer. (If you don’t want to manage the files on your iDevice there is no need to plug in with your iPhone.) AnyTrans will load the data of your device and extract the iTunes Library.
Backup iTunes Library to External Drive Using AnyTrans – Step 1
Step 2. Go to the iTunes Library manage page, and here you will see all music, movies, ringtones, playlist, audiobooks and more in the iTunes Library.
Backup iTunes Library to External Drive Using AnyTrans – Step 2
Step 3. Select the file you want to save to external drive, click the To PC/Mac button, select the external drive, and click Open to start.
Backup iTunes Library to External Drive Using AnyTrans – Step 3
Also Read: How to Sync iPhone to iTunes in Minutes >
The Bottom Line
No matter you want to backup the iTunes Library to external drive or rebuild the crashed iTunes Library by transferring music and more from iPhone to it, AnyTrans will do you a favor. You can download it to start 7-day free trial now.
What's Hot on iMobie
New iOS Data to iPhone Transfer Guidelines > iMobie Team·August 12
2016 Best iPhone Data Recovery Tools Review > Corrinla·August 27
2016 Best iPhone Backup Extractor Tools > Tom·August 16
How to Recover Deleted Text Messages iPhone > Corrinla·March 17
How to Transfer Photos from iPhone to PC > Kelly·August 06
More Related Articles You May Like
- How to Transfer Playlist from iTunes to iPhone – This post tells you how to transfer playlist from iTunes to your iPhone. Read more >>
- How to Move iTunes Library to New PC/Mac - Now read on this guide to know how to move iTunes library to new PC/Mac. Read more >>
- Fix the iPhone is Synced with Another iTunes Library – Read this guide on how to fix the iPhone is synced with another iTunes library. Read more >>
- How to Restore iTunes Library from iPhone/iPad/iPod – This post shows you how to restore iTunes Library from your iDevice. Read more >>