How to Check Apple Pencil Battery Life and How to Charge It
This tip covers the steps to check Apple Pencil battery life and offers you two methods of charging Apple Pencil.
The newly updated PhoneClean 4 is your best helper in cleaning & optimizing your iPhone iPad. Download it to have a try after reading this guide on how to charge Apple Pencil and check its battery life.
Apple lunched the huge iPad Pro this November, which comes with Apple's own stylus – Apple Pencil. The iPad Pro has 12.9-inch retina display that means it would be a little bit hard to use it without an Apple Pencil. It has a non-replaceable, rechargeable, tiny 3.82 V, 0.329 Wh lithium-ion battery. As Apple said, it can gain 30 minutes of battery with only 15 seconds charge.
Also Read: How to Transfer Data to Your iPad Pro >
There’s no wall charger for Pencil. No USB connector. Then, how to charge it? How to tell when apple pencil is charged and how to check its battery life? Read on, we will show you in detail.
How to Charge Apple Pencil
Even without wall charger and USB connector, you can charge your Apple Pencil in two ways.
- To charge your Apple Pencil fast, just plugging it into the Lightning connector on your iPad Pro for quickly charging.
- The second way of charging Apple Pencil is to plug into a USB port with the Apple Pencil Charging Adapter and a Lightning to USB cable. Plug the Lightning cable’s USB connector into a USB port on a computer, AC adapter, battery backup device or a USB car charger.
How to Charge Apple Pencil
You May Like: Top 15 Tips to Extend iPhone iPad Battery Life >
How to Check Apple Pencil Battery Life
There is no battery status indicator on Apple Pencil so you cannot directly check the battery percentage of it. You need to enable iOS 9’s battery widget on your iPad Pro. Here, we will show you how to see battery life of your Apple Pencil.
Step 1. On your iPad Pro, swipe down from the top of the screen to bring Notification Center.
Step 2. Switch to the Today view, scroll down to the bottom and tap the Edit button.
Step 3. Tap the green Plus sign next to "Batteries" to enable the widget.
Step 4. Tap Done.
How to Check Battery Life of Apple Pencil
Related Reading: How to Save Battery Life on MacBook Air/Pro >
Note: PhoneClean is the best way to optimize, clean up and free up space on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch by removing unwanted files like junks and private data from the iDevice. Download it to have a try >
The Bottom Line
If you haven’t made your decision to buy an iPad Pro, you can refer to Should I Get an iPad Pro or Not. As Christmas is coming, have you picked up your gifts? Don’t forget to check our Christmas Gift Ideas for Apple Lovers guide.
More Related Articles You May Like
- How to Speed up Your iPad Pro – This guide tells you the top tips to speed up an iPad Pro. Read more >>
- How to Transfer Christmas Movies to iPad Pro – Read this guide to learn how to play Christmas videos on your iPad Pro/mini 4/Air 2. Read more >>
- Christmas Gift Ideas: Best Accessories for Apple Lovers – Here we offer you the top 10 accessories for Apple users. Read more >>
- Buy an App as a Gift for Apple Lovers This Christmas – Here are apps you can buy as gifts for Apple lovers. Read more >>