How to Find and Delete Temporary Files on Mac
How to delete temporary files on Mac? This guide will tell you one simple method to find and remove temporary files from Mac quickly.
It can help you clear temporary files on Mac without effort. Just try it on your MacBook, MacBook Air/Pro, iMac, iMac Pro and Mac mimi.
Read this guide in other languages: Français
Q: "I am a new Mac user and updated it to OS X Yosemite, and want to know how do I delete temporary files in Yosemite? Guys help me as I wanna know the best I can do from my MacBook pro retina."
-- A User from Apple Support Communities
Generally speaking, you do not really need to manually delete temporary files on your Mac computer for the self-maintenance feature of Apple Mac operating system. However, experts will recommend you to regularly clear kinds of temp files including browser cache, cookies to ensure you a top performance of your Mac. Moreover, if you are in dire need of additional space on your Mac, you do not necessarily need to purchase an expensive external hard drive. You can simply delete temp files and various kinds of junks from your Mac to gain you extra storage space.
Clear Temp Files on Mac
Must Read: How to Clean Junk Files on iPhone/iPad >
Here in this iMobie guide, we will help you to easily find and remove temporary files and junks from your Mac with a wonderful Mac cleaning software - MacClean. Now let’s first check out the designed features of MacClean.
MacClean Main Features
- It is a nice cleaning software made for all Mac users, no matter you are working on a MacBook Pro/Air, iMac Pro or Mac mini, MacClean works well for you.
- It is capable of removing temporary Internet files, such as browsing history, cookies, caches and download history, no matter on Safari, Chrome, Firefox or Opera.
- It helps you delete app leftover, Mac OS user caches, duplicates files and some other kinds of temporary junk files on your Mac.
How to Clear Temp Files on Mac with MacClean
First of all, you need to free download MacClean and install it on your Mac. Then follow the step-by-step tutorial to delete temporary files from your Mac.
Step 1. Click the MacClean icon to open up it. On the left side, there are kinds of junk you can go to clear, such as System Junk, Internet Junk and Malicious Cookies. And some tools also be useful to remove Mac temp files, such as iPhoto Clean and Binary Junk Remover on the Optimization Tools.
How to Delete Temporary Files on Mac – Step 1
Step 2. Go to each item to clean junk and temp files. For example, you can go to System Junk and click Scan to get some leftovers and some useless temp data.
How to Delete Temporary Files on Mac – Step 2
Step 3. After the scan finished, you can preview the temp files and junks by clicking “Review Details”, and then click “Clean” button on the bottom to remove them.
How to Delete Temporary Files on Mac – Step 3
Also Read: How to Free Up Disk Space on Mac >
The Bottom Line
Deleting temp files regularly can speed up and free up more space on your Mac. Why not have a try on this powerful cleaner now? At the same time, don't forget to share this guide with your friends thus to help them delete temp files on Mac with ease.
Top Posts on Cleanup and Speed Up Mac Computer
2017 Top 4 Mac Cleaners for Mac Computer > Joy. May 26th, 2017
How to Delete iMessages on Mac Permanently > Joy. May 23rd, 2017
Why is My Mac So Slow And Speed It Up > Joy. May 23rd, 2017
3 Methods to Clear Cache on Mac >Joy. June 14th, 2016
8 Tips to Free Up Space on Mac > Joy. July 12nd, 2017
How to Optimize Your Mac to Make It Faster > Joy. Sept 28th, 2016
Find & Delete Temporary Files on Mac > Joy. March 28th, 2016
More Related Articles You May Like
- How to Find Hard Drive Space on Mac - This guide will show you how to find hard drive space and how to get more space on your Mac. Read more >>
- How to Free Up Memory on Mac - This post tells you how to free up memory on your Mac in an easy way. Read more >>
- How to Keep Your Mac Clean - Here you will know how to keep your Mac clean by removing the junk files on it. Read more >>
- How to Clear Cookies on Mac - This post shows you two ways to clear cookies on your Mac computer. Read more >>