How to Fix Can't Send or Receive Text Messages on iPhone
Can’t send or receive text messages on iPhone? You can read this post to get several solutions to fix this annoying problem.
This easy-to-use iOS data transfer tool can let you have a better control of your iPhone contents. You can download it on computer to have a try after reading this guide.
Through our survey, over 79% iPhone users rely iPhone / iTunes / iCloud to store their important personal data. In order to help you extract useful photos, messages, notes and more from your backup, we composed this 2016 iPhone Backup Extractor Software Review for your reference.
The iMessage feature of iPhone makes it easy for us to chat with friends. But one day you find that you just can’t send or receive regular text messages from your friends or someone else who are not using the iPhone. That can be an annoying problem. So in this guide we will offer several methods to help you solve it. Let's get it on.
1. Reset Your iPhone
It is the first thing you can do when you meet any iPhone problem.
1). Press and hold down the On/Off button and the home button. Just hold these two buttons until the screen turns off.
2). Then keep holding these two buttons until the screen turns on with the Apple logo.
2. Turn iMessages On/Off
Go to Settings app > Messages > Turn off iMessages > Turn on iMessages after a few seconds.
Or you can also sign out and sign in your Apple ID to have a try: Settings > Messages > Send & Receive > Tap on your Apple ID > Sign out.
3. Reset Network Settings
This method can let you lose your Wi-Fi passwords or VPN settings.
1). Go to Settings > General.
2). Tap on Reset > Tap on Reset Network Settings.
3). Confirm on the popup > Wait for the reboot.
4. Delete Old Messages from Your iPhone
This method may sounds kind of strange, but some users have fixed the issue with it.
Go to Messages app > Tap on Edit > Select all the messages > Tap on Delete button.
5. Turn off LTE or Use It for Data Only
The VoLTE feature is the newly added feature of iPhone 6/6s. But it is said it does not work properly in some areas.
Go to Settings > Cellular > Tap on LTE > Choose Date Only or Off.
6. Update Carrier Settings or iOS
Carrier Settings update: Go to Settings > General > About to see if there is an update popup > Choose Update option.
iOS update: Connect your iPhone to Wi-Fi network > Go to General > Software Update to have a check.
7. Restore Your iPhone
If all the above methods cannot help you, then you can try to restore your iPhone.
Connect iPhone to iTunes > Click on Device button > Click on Restore iPhone > Confirm on the popup.
It can erase all the settings and contents on your iPhone, so remember to back up your iPhone firstly.
The Bottom Line
Hope this guide can help you send and receive regular text messages again. If this guide is helpful for you, just share it with your friends to help more people. If you are interested in AnyTrans, just click here to have a 7-day free trial!
What's Hot on iMobie
New iOS Data to iPhone Transfer Guidelines > iMobie Team·August 12
2016 Best iPhone Data Recovery Tools Review > Corrinla·August 27
2016 Best iPhone Backup Extractor Tools > Tom·August 16
How to Recover Deleted Text Messages iPhone > Corrinla·March 17
How to Transfer Photos from iPhone to PC > Kelly·August 06
More Related Articles You May Like
- How to Delete Saved Messages on iPhone – Read this guide to get one quick way on to delete saved messages on iPhone. Read More >>
- How to Put Music on iPhone Directly – This post will teach you how to put music on iPhone with/without iTunes. Read More >>
- Transfer Music from iPhone to Computer – This guide will help you transfer music from iPhone to computer in 3 easy steps. Read More >>
- Top 3 Alternatives to iTunes – This post lists 3 best iTunes alternatives to manage, clean and recover your iOS data. Read More >>
- How to Transfer Contacts from iPhone to iPhone – Want a way to transfer from the old iPhone contacts to the new? Check this guide to learn more. Read More >>
- How to Transfer Photos from iPhone to Mac – Learn how to offload your Camera Roll photos from iPhone to your Mac in few clicks. Read More >>
- What Is the Best iPhone File Transfer – Need an all-in-one iPhone File Transfer software to keep everything organized? Here is the answer. Read More >>