If you failed to connect your iPhone, iPad or iPod to App Store after updating your iDevices to iOS 12, don’t worry, you can follow the tips below to address it.
iOS 12 has been available for several days with iOS 12 features like grouped notification, emoji and stickers in messages, FaceTime with up to 32 participants etc. Features like these have attracted many Apple fans to update their iPhone, iPad or iPod touch to iOS 12 without hesitation. However, many headaches also inevitably accompany updates. Such as the issue that App Store not working after updating. If you are in the same unlucky situation, don’t worry, here we’ve got some useful tips for you to fix it.
If you login a wrong Apple ID in App Store, you will fail to connect to App Store. So it’s better for you to check and verify that your iPhone signing-in with correct Apple ID. Just follow the steps below.
1. Open your iDevices ( here we take iPhone as an example) and go to the Settings, then tap on your profile name.
2. Find the iTunes & App Store > Tap on the Apple ID.
3. Then you will see a list of options, choose the Sign Out. After signing out your ID, you can sign in again.
We have to say, sometimes, restarting iDevices is a key solution that can fix everything, including the problem that you cannot connect to your App Store and iOS 12 unable to check for update. Therefore, you can fix this issue by restarting your iPhone iPad or iPod touch. If your iDevice goes wrong and you cannot restart it, you can try to force restart your iDevice. Here’s how to force restart.
For iPhone 7/7 Plus users: Press Sleep/ Wake + Volume down button at same time.
For iPhone 6/6s/5s users: Press Sleep/ Wake + Home button simultaneously.
For iPhone 8/X users: First Press and Quickly Release Volume Up button, then Press and Quickly Release Volume Down Button, then Press and Hold Side Button until you see the Apple logo on the screen.
Sometimes, your Wi-Fi is turned on and showing on the top status bar but not accessible. No internet connection will lead to App Store goes wrong and stop working. So you can reset network settings and then connect your iDevices to Wi-Fi to have a try.
1. Go to Settings > General > Reset.
2. Tap on the Reset Networking Settings and confirm it.
3. Waiting for a while until your iDevice restart.
4. After restarting, you can try to access your App Store.
If you use cellular service to connect to the Internet on your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch, make sure that you have cellular data turned on for the iTunes Store.
1. Go to the Settings on your iDevices > Mobile Data > Find the App Store.
2. Tap the cellular data toggle switch to enable the data connection.
It’s probably that the date and time of your iDevice have outdated, so your App Store stops working. Under this circumstance, we advise you to turn on Set Automatically function in Date & Time section to fix this issue. Follow the steps below to set.
1. Go to Settings > General > Access to the Date and Time.
2. Turn on the Set Automatically option.
3. Then go to the App Store to have a try.
In general, the App Store refresh automatically. But sometimes, if you have recently updated your iDevices to the latest iOS 12, you will face this issue. At that time, you can try to force refresh your App Store. This will refresh the App Store’s cache and purge the store. Follow the steps below to make it.
If none of the solutions above works then you can go to restore your iPhone, iPad or iPod to its factory settings. Before restoring, you should back up your device first otherwise you will lose everything stored on your iOS device. Now you make it by:
1. Go to the Settings > General > Open Reset > Click on Reset All Settings.
2. Then tap the Erase All Content and Settings option.
3. After resetting, you can connect your iOS device to iTunes and tap on Device icon > Summary Tab > Summary Page > Click on Restore button. Then your backup will be restored to your iDevice, and this will erase all the data and restore from the past backup.
By following the solutions above, you can easily fix the iOS 12 App Store not working issue. If you have any other problems related to iOS 12, you can leave a comment and we will try our best to help you address it. Share this article if you think it is helpful.
Product-related questions? Contact Our Support Team to Get Quick Solution >
Recover your deleted iPhone iPad files with the highest success rate, no matter whether you have backups or not!