How to Fix iPhone X/8/7/6/6S Won’t Backup to iTunes or Computer
iTunes could not backup the iPhone and you are looking for ways to fix it? If yes, keep reading on this quick guide to know how to fix the issue.
AnyTrans is an all-inclusive tool to backup, transfer and manage content on iPhone. Have a try on its free trial after reading this tip on how to fix the iPhone won't backup to iTunes issue.
Question: My iTunes freezes constantly and my husband's iPhone's and mine have stopped backing up in iTunes. I get an error when it does go through the process that says, "iTunes could not back up the iPhone ". How Can I fix this?
-- A User from Microsoft Community
Sync Selected Songs to iPhone via iTunes
Apple provides each iPhone users two ways to backup their devices – with the desktop-based iTunes program or the cloud service iCloud. However, there are always unpredictable issues happening when you backup your iPhone. In this guide, we will show you some potential fixes to solve the iPhone won't back up to iTunes issue, and also provide you an alternative option to backup your iPhone.
You May Like: 2017 Best 6 iPhone Backup Extractor Software >
Solutions to Fix the iPhone Won't Backup to iTunes Issue
Solution 1. Restart your computer and your iPhone.
Solution 2. Download and install the latest version of iTunes on your computer.
Solution 3. Make sure your iOS device trusts your computer: unlock the device and tap Trust.
Solution 4. Make sure that you are using the Apple-supplied USB cable.
Solution 5. Check security setting: update, configure, disable, or uninstall your security software.
Solution 6. Delete old iTunes backups on computer: Open iTunes > Go to iTunes menu bar > Preferences > Devices > Delete Backup. Check out how to locate iTunes backup.
Solution 7. Locate the backup in Solution 5 and then rename the backup name.
Solution 8. If none of the above solutions works, and it is pressing for you to back up your iPhone to iTunes, you can have a try on AnyTrans. It is a flexible iTunes alternative to backup, transfer and manage iOS files.
- Supports you to make an iTunes backup of your iPhone X/8/7/6S/6/5S/5 via just 1 click. And the backup can be recognized by iTunes.
- Allows you to backup specific items instead of all data on your iPhone, which makes it possible for you to select the files you prefer most to backup.
- Allows you to backup your iPhone to Mac/PC directly. It makes it easy to transfer selected data from iPhone to computer as backup like photos, videos, music, messages, contacts, notes, books, etc.
- Extracts data in your iTunes library and allows you to sync data in iTunes library to iPhone without data erase.
How to Make an iTunes Backup on iPhone in 1 Click
Step 1. Download AnyTrans, and install it on your PC or Mac > Open it > Connect your iPhone to computer via USB cable > Click on Backup Manager.
How to Make an iTunes Backup on iPhone in 1 Click – Step 1
Step 2. Click on Make an iTunes Backup button on the upper right corner.
How to Make an iTunes Backup on iPhone in 1 Click – Step 2
Step 3. After clicking View button, you will see all your backup files are listed here.
How to Make an iTunes Backup on iPhone in 1 Click – Step 3
Step 4. Open iTunes app on your computer and you will see the backup you just made with AnyTrans is listed in your iTunes.
Check the Backup in iTunes
The Bottom Line
For more iTunes backup or restore problem and solutions, please check out this article. For a better managing and backing-up experience on your iPhone, AnyTran is a good choice for you. Have a try on its free trial now >
What's Hot on iMobie
More Related Articles You May Like
- Sync Two iPhones to iTunes without Erasing Data - We are going to show you a simple & safe way to sync two iPhones to iTunes. Read more >>
- How to Manage Photos on iPhone with Ease - Now follow this guide to know how to manage photos on iPhone. Read more >>
- How to Transfer Photos from iPhone 6s to PC - This guide will show you the easiest way to transfer photos from iPhone 6s to PC. Read more >>
- Alternative to iExplorer for iPhone iPad iPod - In this post, we will show you the best alternative to iExplorer. Read more >>
- PhoneClean - Best iPhone Cleaner Software – PhoneClean gives hands-free cleaning, in-depth privacy protection, ultimate speed-up & more iOS cleaning features. Read More >>
- What Is the Best iPhone File Transfer – Need an all-in-one iPhone File Transfer software to keep everything organized? Here is the answer. Read More >>