How to Fix: iTunes Could Not Connect to iPhone iPad Because an Invalid Response
iTunes could not connect to iPhone 6/7 or iPad because an invalid response was received from the device? If you are also stuck on this iTunes invalid response problem, read on our post to fix it with ease.
After reading this guide about how to fix iTunes could not connect because invalid response from iPhone, then download this iTunes alternative to transfer, backup and sync iOS data in a smart way.
Question 1: Updated iPhone 6 to iOS 10 and now iTunes is saying "iTunes could not connect to the iPhone because an invalid response was received form the device”. The MacBook I'm using is running Lion and iTunes 12.2.2. HELP!
-- Mookie442 from Reddit
Question 2: I encountered this issue on my home PC after getting my new iPhone 7. I had previously sync'd the phone with my laptop, but upon connecting it to my PC, I got the error message: "iTunes could not connect to the iPhone because an invalid response was received from the device".
-- Peter from blogspot
We’ve seen many people reported iTunes sync issue after updating to new iOS 10 or even the newest iOS 11. The error says: "iTunes could not connect to the iPhone because an invalid response was received form the device.” No matter you receive the iTunes invalid response from iPhone 6/7 or iPad, in this guide, we will show you some potential solutions to fix this problem – iTunes could not connect to iPhone/iPad because an invalid response.
How to Fix iTunes Invalid Response Error
How to Fix: iTunes Cloud Not Connect to the iPhone Because Invalid Response
1. Update your iTunes to the latest version. Sometimes iTunes update doesn’t work; you can visit this page to download the current.
2. Uninstalling and reinstalling iTunes. This method works for most users. To completely uninstalling iTunes, you can refer to this tutorial.
Note: you can take a copy of your iTunes backup (Read this post to find iTunes backup location). You can also take a backup copy of your iTunes library by taking a copy of the files in your My Music\iTunes folder (iTunes Music Library.xml, iTunes Library.itl etc) before re-installing.
The solutions above should fix this iTunes invalid response problem, if the error still persists you can try below solutions:
- Try a different USB/lightning cable or a different USB port.
- Reboot your iPhone and your computer.
- Ensure your iPhone wasn't locked when connecting. Unlock it with passcode or Touch ID.
- Try a reset on iPhone. Press and hold both the sleep and home button at the same time until the apple logo appears.
- Try resetting your network settings. Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings.
- Try resetting your lockdown folder. Follow the steps to "Reset the Lockdown Folder".
Don’t Miss: How to Turn Off iCloud on iPhone/iPad/iPod >
Alternative Way to Sync Data Between iPhone and iTunes
1. Extract and manage your iTunes Library in a smart way
With AnyTrans, you can sync files from iTunes to iPhone like music, movies, ringtones and more without erasing existing content, also can export the whole iTunes library to external disk for backup.
Sync Data from iTunes to iPhone without Erasing – AnyTrans
2. 1-Click To Transfer Data from iPhone iPad to iTunes, to PC/Mac or Another iDevice
With AnyTrans, you can transfer data from iPhone to iTunes, to PC/Mac, to another iDevice or import data to iPhone with the one-click transfer button.
One-click to Transfer Data with AnyTrans
3. Manage (Add, Delete or Transfer) Specific iOS Files as You Like
AnyTrans supports managing and transferring almost all the types of iOS data and files, including Photos, Videos, Music, Ringtones, Contacts, Messages, Notes, Calendar, Safari History & Bookmarks, Voice Memos, Voice Mails, etc.
Manage iOS Files by Categories with AnyTrans
Recently, AnyTrans adds the new function of downloading videos from Internet, like YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, Dailymotion and more. With it, you can download any video like YouTube videos to your computer, iPhone, iPad directly and freely.
The Bottom Line
We have list some potential solutions to fix iTunes could not connect to iPhone iPad because an invalid response was received from this device, and hope they are useful. If you fix this problem with other methods, be kind to share it in comment section so that it can help others that are still stuck on this iTunes invalid response problem.
What's Hot on iMobie
90% of The People Are Reading
- How to Fix iPhone 7 Won’t Sync with iTunes – Read this guide to learn about how to fix iPhone 7 not synced with iTunes. Read more >>
- How to Fix iTunes Album Artwork Not Showing - This guide will offer you some solutions to help you fix iTunes album artwork not showing issue. Read more >>
- How to Import Photos from iPhone to PC - Read this article to get 4 ways to transfer photos from iPhone to PC with ease. Read more >>
- How to Change iTunes Store Country or Region on Device/Mac/PC – This guide will show you how to change iTunes Store country or region in detail. Read more >>