How to Fix: iTunes Could Not Connect to iPhone iPad Because an Invalid Response
iTunes could not connect to iPhone 6/7 or iPad because an invalid response was received from the device? If you are also stuck on this iTunes invalid response problem, read on our post to fix it with ease.
Download this iTunes alternative firstly, and then use it to transfer, backup and sync data between computer and iPhone after reading this guide about how to fix iTunes not connecting to iPhone iPad because invalid response.
Question 1: Updated iPhone 6 to iOS 10 and now iTunes is saying "iTunes could not connect to the iPhone because an invalid response was received form the device”. The MacBook I'm using is running Lion and iTunes 12.2.2. HELP!
-- Mookie442 from Reddit
Question 2: I encountered this issue on my home PC after getting my new iPhone 7. I had previously sync'd the phone with my laptop, but upon connecting it to my PC, I got the error message: "iTunes could not connect to the iPhone because an invalid response was received from the device".
-- Peter from blogspot
We’ve seen many people reported iTunes sync issue after updating to new iOS 10 or getting a new iPhone 7/7 Plus. The error says: "iTunes could not connect to the iPhone because an invalid response was received form the device.” No matter you receive the iTunes invalid response from iPhone 6/7 or iPad, in this guide, we will show you some potential solutions to fix this problem – iTunes could not connect to iPhone/iPad because an invalid response.
How to Fix iTunes Invalid Response Error
How to Fix: iTunes Cloud Not Connect to iPhone iPad Becasue Invalid Response
1. Update your iTunes to the latest version (iTunes 12.5.3). Sometimes iTunes update doesn’t work, you can visit this page to download the current.
2. Uninstalling and reinstalling iTunes. This method works for most users. To completely uninstalling iTunes, you can refer to this tutorial.
Note: you can take a copy of your iTunes backup (Read this post to find iTunes backup location). You can also take a backup copy of your iTunes library by taking a copy of the files in your My Music\iTunes folder (iTunes Music Library.xml, iTunes Library.itl etc) before re-installing.
The solutions above should fix this iTunes invalid response problem, if the error still persists you can try below solutions:
- Try a different USB/lightning cable or a different USB port.
- Reboot your iPhone and your computer.
- Ensure your iPhone wasn't locked when connecting. Unlock it with passcode or Touch ID.
- Try a reset on iPhone. Press and hold both the sleep and home button at the same time until the apple logo appears.
- Try resetting your network settings. Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings.
- Try resetting your lockdown folder. Follow the steps to "Reset the Lockdown Folder".
Alternative Way to Sync Data Between iPhone and iTunes
1. Extract and manage your iTunes Library in a smart way
With AnyTrans, you can sync files from iTunes to iPhone like music, movies, ringtones and more without erasing existing content, also can export the whole iTunes library to external disk for backup.
Sync Data from iTunes to iPhone without Erasing – AnyTrans
2. 1-Click To Transfer Data from iPhone iPad to iTunes, to PC/Mac or Another iDevice
With AnyTrans, you can transfer data from iPhone to iTunes, to PC/Mac, to another iDevice or import data to iPhone with the one-click transfer button.
One-click to Transfer Data with AnyTrans
3. Manage (Add, Delete or Transfer) Specific iOS Files as You Like
AnyTrans supports managing more than 20 types of iOS data and files, including Photos, Videos, Contacts, Messages, Notes, Calendar, Safari History & Bookmarks, Voice Memos, Voice Mails, etc.
Manage iOS Files by Categories with AnyTrans
The Bottom Line
We have list some potential solutions to fix iTunes could not connect to iPhone iPad because an invalid response was received from this device, and hope they are useful. If you fix this problem with other methods, be kind to share it in comment section so that it can help others that are still stuck on this iTunes invalid response problem.
What's Hot on iMobie
More Related Articles You May Like
- How to Delete Contacts on iOS 10 – Read to learn how to delete contacts in iOS 10. Read more >>
- How to Transfer Music from iPod to iPhone - This quick guide will show you how to move music from iPod to iPhone 7. Read more >>
- Move Voicemails from iPhone 7 to Computer - This guide will show you how to transfer voicemails from iPhone 7 to computer. Read more >>
- How to Turn Live Photos into GIFs on iPhone 7 – Read this guide to learn how to turn live photos to gifs on iPhone. Read more >>