How to Fix Unresponsive iPad Pro Screen After A Full Charge
Many users complain that the iPad goes black and becomes unresponsive after charging. Here are some possible solutions to fix your unresponsive iPad Pro.
Download AnyTrans to transfer data from old iPad or iPhone to your new iPad Pro. Now read on this guide to learn how to fix your unresponsive iPad Pro after charging.
"At least twice I have left my iPad pro plugged in, once over night, and once during work. When I returned to my iPad it appeared frozen. Black screen, screen will not wake."
-- A User from MacRumors
"Just got my iPad Pro yesterday and anytime the screen is off and it's charging, it won't turn on. I have to force a restart to get it back. Anyone else having this issue?"
-- A User from Reddit
"At night it was down to 40% so I charged it and went to bed. When I woke up it was "dead". It wouldn't wake up. I needed to perform a hard reset to get it to come to life. Worked on it for a couple of hours and had to run an errand. Plugged it back in as I was going to need a full charge later that day. Came back to it, same thing. Dead. I needed to perform a hard reset to get it to turn on."
-- A User from Apple Support Communities
iPad Pro is new, big, and expensive. However, many users have reported issues with the iPad Pro, the device appear to be frozen, dead, and unresponsive after a full charge. The issue is quite widespread with complaints on MacRumors, Reddit, and Apple Support Communities as shown above. Here are some possible fixes to fix your dead, or unresponsive iPad Pro.
Image Credit: MacRumors
Also Read: How to Move Data to New iPad Pro >
Possible Solutions: How to Fix Unresponsive iPad Pro Screen
We offer you three simple and quick solutions to bring your unresponsive iPad Pro back to normal:
Solution 1. Perform a force restart
The quickest way to get back to using your iPad Pro once it is completely dead is to perform a hard reboot. Here is how to do that.
- The first step of a hard restart on your iPad Pro is to press and hold both the Power button and the Home button together. Hold both buttons down for at least 10 seconds.
- When the iconic Apple logo appears, it’s time to release both buttons.
Solution 2. Update to iOS 9.2
Apple reclaims that the new iOS 9.2 will solve the issue of unresponsive screen on iPad Pro, and the new operating system has been released on Dec. 09. Some iPad Pro users who installed the latest iOS 9.2 on the iPad Pro has reported that the new software solves the problem. So you can have a try.
- Update the iPad Pro OTA: Go to Settings > General > Software Update > Tap Download and Install.
- Update with iTunes: Open iTunes and plug in your iPad Pro with computer > Click the Device button > Under Summary click on Check for Update > Click on Download and Update.
Solution 3. Back up and restore your iPad Pro to factory settings
Or you can try restoring your iPad Pro with iTunes, and remember to back up the device firstly. Connect your iPad Pro to your PC or Mac > Open iTunes, select your iPad Pro > Summary > Restore > Click Restore again to confirm.
Also Read: How to Put Movies on iPad Pro >
The Bottom Line
For more iPad Pro related guides, you can refer to our entry guide to update to iPad Pro. Here we will show you reasons on whether to buy an iPad Pro, how to recover deleted iPad Pro data, and tips to maintain your iPad Pro.
What's Hot on iMobie
New iOS Data to iPhone Transfer Guidelines > iMobie Team·August 12
2016 Best iPhone Data Recovery Tools Review > Corrinla·August 27
2016 Best iPhone Backup Extractor Tools > Tom·August 16
How to Recover Deleted Text Messages iPhone > Corrinla·March 17
How to Transfer Photos from iPhone to PC > Kelly·August 06
More Related Articles You May Like
- How to Get Videos from iPhone to iPad Pro - Read this guide to learn how to transfer videos from iPhone to iPad Pro. Read more >>
- How to Copy Contacts from iPhone to iPad Pro - This guide tells you how to transfer selected or all contacts from iPhone to iPad Pro. Read more >>
- How to Sync Photos from iPhone to iPad Pro - Read on this tutorial to know a quick way to transfer pictures from iPhone to iPad Pro. Read more >>
- How to Move Music from iPhone to iPad Pro – Read this guide on how to transfer music from iPhone to iPad Pro directly. Read more >>