How to Add Ringtones to New iPhone X/8 (Plus) with/without iTunes
How to add ringtones to iPhone X/8 or how to set your favorite songs as ringtones on iPhone X/8? This guide will show you 2 methods of getting or setting custom ringtones on your iPhone X/8.
Download this easy-to-use iPhone ringtones maker and transfer to your PC or Mac computer, and follow this guide to add custom ringtones to your new iPhone X or iPhone 8.
It is excited that Apple released the new generation of iPhone 8 and the 10th anniversary version - iPhone X. These two iPhones have become the center of attention for a long time. Well, are you ready to upgrade to the new iPhone X/8(Plus)?
Ringtones is the best thing to show people’s personality, so, many users like to set their favorite songs as ringtones. Then, do you know how to add ringtones to new iPhone X/8 or how to set songs as ringtones on iPhone X/8? Read on, following text will show you 2 simple methods - using AnyTrans and using iTunes.
Method 1. How to Add Ringtones to iPhone X/8 with AnyTrans
First of all, let’s see how to set ringtones on iPhone X/8 with AnyTrans. Compared with using iTunes, this method is easier and quicker. Therefore, let’s see this method first.
AnyTrans is an outstanding iPhone file manager, as well as an iPhone ringtones maker & transfer. It’s better than iTunes because:
1. It enables you to add ringtones to iPhone X/8 from old iPhone or computer, and even supports transferring any mp3 from computer to iPhone as ringtones directly because it will auto convert the songs as ringtone format for you.
2. It allows you to transfer ringtones in multi-direction, including from computer to iPhone, from one iPhone to another iPhone, from iTunes to iPhone, and even from any Android phone to iPhone.
3. Beside ringtones, it can help you manage and transfer your whole iPhone content such as music, playlists, videos, photos, messages, contacts, notes, voice memos, iBooks, etc.
4. It is applying for both Mac and PC computers, and supports all iPhones iPads and iPods, as well as iPhone X and iPhone 8.
Now, download AnyTrans and follow steps below to get ringtones to your iPhone X/8.
Step 1. Install and run AnyTrans on your PC or Mac computer > Connect your iPhone X/8 and click on the button.
How to Add Ringtones to iPhone X/8 with AnyTrans - Step 1
Note: You can set the length of the ringtone in 25 seconds, 40 seconds or original length, go to AnyTrans in the menu bar > Preference > General > Ringtone on Mac, or clicking Settings area in the top left corner on AnyTrans homepage> Transfer Settings > General > Ringtone on PC.
Step 2. Click on Audio and select Ringtones. You can see there are 4 ringtones on this iPhone.
How to Add Ringtones to iPhone X/8 with AnyTrans - Step 2
Step 3. Click “+“ button, browse and select songs on your computer, here we select 4 songs, and then click Open to start transferring music from computer to iPhone X/8 as ringtones directly.
How to Add Ringtones to iPhone X/8 with AnyTrans - Step 3
After the transfer process finished, you can check these ringtones on your iPhone X or iPhone 8. Go to Setting > Sounds > Ringtones. You can see the 4 transferred songs already became ringtones on your iPhone now.
Check Transferred Ringtones on iPhone X/8
Method 2. How to Add Ringtones to iPhone X/8 via iTunes
As you can see, using AnyTrans to add ringtones to iPhone X/8 is really easy to make. But, if you still want to have a try on iTunes, then follow steps below.
Step 1. Launch iTunes and connect your iPhone X or iPhone 8.
Step 2. Add the MP3 to iTunes. Right-click the song and choose Get Info.
Step 3. Click the Options tab.
Step 4. Set the Start Time and Stop Time, suggest 30 seconds. Then Click "OK".
How to Get Ringtones to iPhone X/8 via iTunes - Step 4
Step 5. Click the song again and click file > Select “Create AAC Version”. iTunes will convert your specified 30 seconds into a new song.
How to Get Ringtones to iPhone X/8 via iTunes - Step 5
Step 6. Drag the new AAC version out of iTunes and into a folder.
Step 7. Delete the 30-second version from iTunes.
Step 8. Open the folder containing the 30-second AAC file you dragged out of iTunes, right-click and choose “Rename” to change the file extension from .m4a to .m4r and confirm.
How to Get Ringtones to iPhone X/8 via iTunes - Step 8
Step 9. Double-click it and it will be added to iTunes' ringtone library.
Step 10. At last, sync to your iPhone.
The Bottom Line
That’s all for how to add ringtones to iPhone X/8. As you can see, Method 1 is easier than Method 2. Using AnyTrans you can easily transfer music to iPhone 8 as ringtone without tedious operations. In addition, you can get multiple songs as ringtones on iPhone X/8 at once. Why not using AnyTrans to add ringtones to your iPhone X/8 now?
[FREE] Download Videos to Computer/iPhone:
Download Facebook Videos to iPhone [Free] > By Lena, Feb. 14, 2017
Download YouTube Videos to iPhone [Free] >By Lena, Jan. 11, 2017
Download Instagram Videos to iPhone [Free] > By Stephen, Feb. 07, 2017
Download Videos from Site to iPhone [Free] > By Stephen, Feb. 23, 2017
Download Any Video You Like Using URL [Free] > By Stephen, Jan. 21, 2017
Download YouTube Videos to PC/Mac [Free]> By Lena, Jan. 17, 2017
More Related Articles You May Like
- How to Transfer Ringtone from iTunes to iPhone – This guide will show you how to transfer ringtone from iTunes to iPhone. Read More >>
- How to Convert MP3 to iPhone Ringtone – In this post you’ll learn how to convert MP3 to iPhone ringtone easily. Read More >>
- How to Transfer Ringtones from iPhone to iPhone – This post tells you how to transfer ringtones from on iPhone to another iPhone. Read More >>
- How to Fix iPhone Ringtones Not Working After iOS Update – This guide offers you 5 solutions to fix iPhone ringer not working issue. Read More >>