How to Backup iPhone Photos in 3 Ways
How to backup iPhone photos? This post offers you 3 ways to backup iPhone pictures, including how to backup iPhone photos to iCloud, iTunes and computer.
Free download AnyTrans and install it on your computer, and then have a totally new experience of backing up iPhone pictures to computer after reading this guide about how to backup iPhone photos.
iPhone apart from being one of the best smartphones is also the most popular camera of the world. With iPhone, people are taking more photos and videos than ever. As photo collections grow, so does the desire to store all of them safely and can get access to them anytime anywhere. Therefore, in this post we will offer you several ways to backup iPhone photos.
Part 1: How to Backup iPhone Photos to iCloud
When it comes to backing up iPhone or iPhone photos, our first thought is iCloud. Because we can back them up anytime anywhere only if we can connect our iPhone to a Wi-Fi network, and it is easy to operate. We just need to enable My Photo Stream on, and then every photo we take in Camera Roll will be uploaded to iCloud, and transferred to Photo Stream.
To backup iPhone photos to iCloud, follow us to enable My Photo Stream on, tap on your iPhone: Settings > iCloud > Photos > Enable My Photo Stream on if it is closed.
How to Backup iPhone Pictures to iCloud
- Once you have taken some new photos, ensure you connect your iPhone to Wi-Fi network so that those iPhone photos can be backed up to iCloud.
- The photos have backed up to iCloud will be stored in Photo Stream, they can't be transferred to computer when importing photos from iPhone, but you can view them on your iPhone, iPad or iPhoto (if you are working with Mac computer).
Backing up iPhone pictures with iCloud sounds great, but Photo Stream only helps keep the last 1000 photos and these photos only are saved in iCloud server for 30 days. If you have more than 1000 photos on iPhone, or you want to keep someplace for longer time, syncing to iTunes becomes a nice choice. Next, let's cut to the point that how to backup iPhone photos to iTunes.
Part 2: How to Backup iPhone Photos with iTunes
Contrary to backing up iPhone pictures to iCloud, when backing up with iTunes, you just need to have a computer and a USB cable of your iPhone at hand. Follow us to backup iPhone photos with iTunes by following steps.
Step 1: Connect your iPhone to computer with USB cable > Run iTunes if it doesn't open automatically.
Step 2: On iTunes, click Device button at upper right corner > Click This Computer in Backups Column > Click Backup Now.
How to Backup iPhone Photos with iTunes
- When backing up with iTunes, you can't selectively decide what to backup or not.
- Once you choose to back up photos with iTunes, you can't view those photos unless you restore your iPhone with this backup. Or you can extract photos from iTunes backup with iMobie PhoneRescue.
If you tend to selectively backup iPhone photos instead of all the iPhone contents, transferring pictures from iPhone to computer is a nice choice. No matter how many photos you store on your iPhone, you can move all of them to computer, and your computer can easily store them. Let's move on how to backup iPhone photos to computer.
Part 3: How to Backup iPhone Pictures to Computer
No matter what computer you are working with, you can get many ways to transfer photos from iPhone to computer. For example, Windows users can transfer photos with AutoPlay or Windows Explore. And Mac users have more options, they can get iPhone photos to Mac with iPhoto, Preview, Image Capture, Aperture, etc.
However, no matter which method you plan to apply, you only can backup Camera Roll photos to computer, and can't backup Photo Stream, Photo Library and My Albums photos. Fortunately, in this post we will recommend you a powerful iPhone manage tool – iMobie AnyTrans and show you how to backup all iPhone photos to computer.
Step 1. Free download iMobie AnyTrans, install and run it on your computer > Connect your iPhone to computer with USB cable > Click .
How to Backup iPhone Photos to Computer with AnyTrans – Step 1
Step 2. Click Photos > choose the type of photos you want to backup (Camera Roll, Photo Stream, Photo Library, Photo Share, Panoramas, Albums and Burst).
How to Backup iPhone Photos to Computer with AnyTrans – Step 2
Step 3. Select the photos you want to backup > Click To Mac/PC.
How to Backup iPhone Photos to Computer with AnyTrans – Step 3
Note: This method is suit for both of Mac and Windows users. And this tutorial also can be applied to backup photos from iPad and iPod touch to computer.
You May Like: How Can I Sycn Photos from Mac to iPhone >
The Bottom Line
Except backing up iPhone pictures to iCloud, iTunes or computer, you also can backup your iPhone photos with Google Drive, Flickr, Google Plus, Dropbox, etc. But backing up photos with them required that you have installed their Apps. Anyway, choose the most convenient way for you. If you still prefer to backing up to computer, iMobie AnyTrans is the tool you shouldn't miss. Click Here to Download AnyTrans to Start free trial >
What's Hot on iMobie
New iOS Data to iPhone Transfer Guidelines > iMobie Team·August 12
2016 Best iPhone Data Recovery Tools Review > Corrinla·August 27
2016 Best iPhone Backup Extractor Tools > Tom·August 16
How to Recover Deleted Text Messages iPhone > Corrinla·March 17
How to Transfer Photos from iPhone to PC > Kelly·August 06
More Related Articles You May Like
- How to Backup iPhone Contacts - Read this post to learn a new way to selectively back up iPhone contacts. Read more >>
- How to Backup Music from iPhone to Computer - This step-by-step tutorial show you how to back up iPhone music to computer. Read more >>
- How to Backup Text Messages on iPhone - Read this post to backup text messages on iPhone with a few clicks. Read more >>
- How to Backup iPhone in 3 Ways - This post shows you how to backup iPhone in 3 ways. Read more >>
- How to Transfer Photos from iPhone to Computer - Your iPhone is out of space and want to offload pictures from iPhone? Try this tutorial. Read more >>