How to Backup Text Messages on iPhone X/iPhone 8 (Plus)
Want to backup text messages on iPhone X/iPhone 8 (Plus) but don’t know how? Read on this guide to see how to backup text messages on iPhone X/iPhone 8 (Plus) with ease.
Download this #1 iPhone X/8 backup tool prior, and then read this guide to see how to easily backup text messages on iPhone X/8 with it. It is also capable of making backup of photos, videos, music, notes, etc.
Text messages on our iPhone record plenty of valuable information and good memories in our daily life. But it’s quite easy to lose all or some of our text messages due to various unexpected reasons. So, it is very necessary and important to make a full backup of those text messages on our iPhone. In this case, we can easily get our precious text messages back if we accidently lost them.
And here in the following, we will share you 3 different methods to help you backup messages on iPhone X/iPhone 8 (Plus), including 2 traditional ways and 1 simpler yet more efficient way. You can try the three ways to figure out which way is best for you.
Method 1. How to Backup Messages/iMessages on iPhone X/iPhone 8 (Plus) in 1 Click
AnyTrans is the first choice for most of iPhone users to backup text messages/iMessage, as it is stable, time-saving and labor-saving. Compared to iTunes and iCloud, below are its outstanding features.
1. It supports saving text messages/iMessages on iPhone to computer in some readable and printable format, like PDF, TXT and HTML, which make it possible for you to view them anytime you want.
2. It allows you to preview and selectively backup text messages on iPhone. In this way, you can select the most important messages to backup to your computer, but not all files.
3. It also allows you to copy text messages from iPhone to iPhone/iPad.
4. Besides text messages, it also enables you to backup other up to 24 types of iOS files, including photos, videos, music, contacts, notes, etc.
Step 1. Download AnyTrans and install it on your Mac/PC > Launch it > Connect your iPhone to the computer with its USB cable > Go to category page.
How to Backup Text Messages from iPhone X/iPhone 8 (Plus) to Computer – Step 1
Step 2. Click on Messages.
How to Backup Text Messages from iPhone X/iPhone 8 (Plus) to Computer – Step 2
Step 3. Preview and select the messages you want to backup to your computer > Click To Computer button on the upper right to backup them now. Before transferring, you can click Settings on the left side of To Computer button to set the output format and export path.
How to Backup Messages from iPhone X/iPhone 8 (Plus) to Computer – Step 3
Method 2. How to Backup Messages on iPhone X/iPhone 8 (Plus) with iTunes
It is worth mentioning that when backing up messages via iTunes, all your other files on iPhone will also be backed up. In addition, you are not allowed to view and read the text messages in iTunes backup. If you just want to backup text messages only, refer to Method 1 to make it.
Step 1. Open iTunes on your computer > Plug in your iPhone to the computer and you will see an iPhone button.
Step 2. Click the iPhone button, then another window will show you your device information > In the Backups section, choose This computer > Click on Back Up Now to start the process.
How to Backup Messages from iPhone X/iPhone 8 (Plus) with iTunes
Method 3. How to Backup Messages on iPhone X/iPhone 8 (Plus) with iCloud
Step 1. Connect your iPhone to a stable Wi-Fi network.
Step 2. Go to Settings > [your name] > iCloud.
Step 3. Choose iCloud Backup > Tap Back Up Now. After the process completes, you can check the date and time of your last backup under Back Up Now.
How to Backup Messages from iPhone X/iPhone 8 (Plus) with iCloud
The Bottom Line
As you can see, iTunes & iCloud just offer a direct way to back up all files on your iPhone X/iPhone 8 (Plus). If you want to backup your text messages only, turn to AnyTrans to help you easily make it.
What's Hot on iMobie
More Related Articles You May Like
- How to Transfer Ringtones from iPhone to iPhone 8 (Plus)/iPhone X – This guide tells you how to transfer ringtones from iPhone to iPhone X/8. Read More >>
- How to Transfer Contacts from iPhone to iPhone X/8 (Plus) – Read on this post to see how to transfer contacts from iPhone to iPhone X/8. Read More >>
- How to Sync Music from iTunes to iPhone 8 (Plus)/iPhone X – Follow this guide to learn how to transfer music from iTunes to iPhone X/8 with ease. Read More >>
- How to Edit Live Photos in iOS 11 on iPhone/iPad – Read this post to see how to edit live photos in iOS 11 on iPhone/iPad. Read More >>