How to Block Text Messages on Both Android and iOS Devices
How to block text messages? If this problem troubles you, please read this article, it shows you the way to block text messages from specific number.
After figuring out how to block text messages, get to know this powerful tool - AnyTrans capable of helping you transfer text messages from old iPhone to new iPhone with great ease.
Today is a time of information. While we are enjoying the convenience of sharing information, there is a great opportunity that information leakage would occur. If some salesmen keep sending you messages, what would you do? Block messages, of course.
In this guide, we summarized a few ways to block text messages on both iOS and Android devices. Please keep reading and find what you need.
Part 1. How to Block Text Messages on iOS Devices
Block Text Messages from Contact List
Blocking text messages from contact list is actually quite similar with the way to block calling from one contact. If you only want to block text messages from a specific person, you should go to Messages app, tap the message from the contact you want to block, click Details on the upper right corner. Then tap "i" icon to open the info page, scroll down to the bottom, click "Block this Caller".
Block Text Messages from Unknown Numbers
Blocking text messages from unknown numbers is quite different from blocking text messages from phone contacts. Please be aware that after blocking, you might not get any notifications.
For blocking text messages from unknown numbers, please go to Settings > Messages and enable Filter Unknown Senders. You can also go to Setting > Messages > Block > Add New to add a new blocked contact. Note that using either method, you will not only block text messages, but also phone calls and FaceTime calls.
Part 2. How to Block Text Messages on Android Phones
As we know, Android phones vary from each other, thus blocking text messages on Android phones also vary from each other. In the following, we will show you the way to block text messages on some specific brands of Android phones.
Block Text Messages On Samsung
There are two ways to block messages on Samsung. One method is to go to Messages app, choose the contact you want to block. Tap More > Block Number and enable Message Block, then tap OK to confirm blocking.
The other way is to Go to Messages > More > Settings. Tap Block Messages, then click the Check box, select Block list. Enter the contact's number you want to block and tap "+" sign or choose from your inbox or contacts list, after all has done, tap the back arrow.
Block Text Messages On LG
Go to LG phone's Messaging app, tap the contact you want to block, then choose Menu > Register spam number (you can choose whether to delete all messages from the selected number) The number should now be blocked and registered as spam.
Block Text Messages on HTC
Open Messages app, then tap and hold the desired text conversation until the message option appears, then tap Block Contact.
Bonus Tip: How to Transfer Messages from Old iPhone to New iPhone
A piece of something new is always seductive, especially a new iPhone. However, after making a change from old iPhone to new iPhone, what to do with the text messages on old iPhone? If you don't want to lose the best memories carried by text messages, you should transfer those messages to new iPhone.
Here in this bonus tip, we will introduce you one powerful tool - AnyTrans capable of helping users selectively transfer messages from iPhone to iPhone.
1. High efficiency. AnyTrans always transfers data in high speed. It would only take 5 minutes to transfer a few gigabytes of data.
2. High security. AnyTrans is developed by Apple trusted developer so that there is no potential risks of information leakage.
3. No data loss. During transfer process, AnyTrans wouldn't erase any data on both source device and target device.
4. Easy to operate. AnyTrans is simply designed so that you can always finish the transferring process within a few clicks.
For detailed steps of transferring text messages from iPhone to iPhone, please refer to: How to Transfer Messages from iPhone to iPhone >
The Bottom Line
That's all for how to block text messages on Android phones and introduction of a powerful tool capable of helping you selectively transfer messages from iPhone to iPhone. If you find this guide helpful, please share it with others or give it a like. By the way, AnyTrans could also help you transfer data like music, notes, contacts from old iPhone to new iPhone. Download it and take a tour >
What's Hot on iMobie
More Related Articles You May Like
- How to Transfer Messages from iPhone to Mac – This post introduces you the way to transfer messages from iPhone to Mac. Read More >>
- How to Transfer Contacts from Computer to iPhone/iPad – This article introduces you one way to transfer contacts from computer to iPhone/iPad. Read More >>
- How to Transfer Everything from Old iPhone to New iPhone – Read this guide and know how to transfer everything from old iPhone to new iPhone. Read More >>
- How to Transfer Contacts from One iCloud Account to Another – This post tells you how to transfer iCloud contacts to another iCloud account. Read More >>