How to Check Virus on Mac to Keep It Safe
Do you want to check if there is any virus on your Mac? In this guide, we will show you a free virus scan to check and find the virus on your Mac.
FREE download MacClean and install it on your Mac now will save you’re a lot of time. Then read on this post to learn how to check for virus on mac in a safe way.
I am a new Mac user and I have purchased this MacBook Pro retina display a few months ago. I do not have any anti virus software on it, and I am just wondering how I would go about checking if there is a Trojan horse, virus, or anything of that nature.
-- Question from Apple Support Communities
Apple’s Mac can also get virus, just like any programmable computers. If your Mac is acting weird (poor and slow performance, unexpected Ads or pop-ups, lost files, etc.), you may want to check for virus on your Mac.
There is no direct way to scan your Mac for virus without third-party tools. In this guide, we will show you a safe and easy-to-use Mac cleaning & optimizing software named MacClean to check for virus on your Mac.
How to Find Virus on Mac
Reasons to choose MacClean
1. With the protection technology of the world's top level, it is safe and reliable to use MacClean to scan for virus.
2. Three scan modes to check for Mac virus: Quick Scan, Custom scan, and Full scan.
3. Find and remove malicious cookies from Mac to secure it.
4. Clear kinds of junk files like Internet junk, system junk, user junk, app junk, trash bin, etc.
How to Scan Virus on Mac with MacClean
Step 1. Firstly, free download MacClean, install and run it.
Step 2. From the left side bar, choose "Security issue", select the appropriate mode from the Quick Scan, Custom Scan and Full Scan, and then click Scan.
Check for Virus on Mac with MacClean – Step 2
Step 3. When you finish scanning, MacClean will show you the virus list. you can locate, quarantine or remove the virus files.
Check for Virus on Mac with MacClean – Step 3
Note: If this is the first time you use the "Security issue" of MacClean, you need to download and install the security database in “MacClean Update” section.
Check for Virus on Mac with MacClean
See Also: How to Find Malware on Mac >
The Bottom Line
What's Hot on iMobie
New iOS Data to iPhone Transfer Guidelines > iMobie Team·August 12
2016 Best iPhone Data Recovery Tools Review > Corrinla·August 27
2016 Best iPhone Backup Extractor Tools > Tom·August 16
How to Recover Deleted Text Messages iPhone > Corrinla·March 17
How to Transfer Photos from iPhone to PC > Kelly·August 06
More Related Articles You May Like
- How to Delete Cookies on Mac – This guide shows you how to remove cookies on your Mac. Read More >>
- Why is My Mac So Slow – There are some effective ways to fix your slow Mac computer. Read More >>
- How to Delete Junk Files on Your Mac – This post offers one simple method to clean Mac junk. Read More >>
- How to Opitimize Mac Computer – This tutorial tells you 3 ways to optimize your Mac. Read More >>