How to Download Full Resolution Photos from iCloud to iPhone
I had my iCloud set to Optimize Storage on my old iPhone so most of my photos are the low resolution versions. Now I have a 128GB iPhone 7 and how can I download full resolution photos from iCloud to my new iPhone?
AnyTrans is an iOS transfer that is capable of transferring iPhone photos. Now download it before we start this tutorial will save you a lot of time.
I recently upgraded to a 128 GB iPhone 7 plus from a 16 GB iPhone 5s, so I finally have space for my photos. I had my iCloud set to "Optimize Storage" on my old phone so most of my photos in my current phone are the low resolution versions. I've tried changing the setting to "Download and Keep Originals" but it never makes any progress. It's only 4 GB of photos and I have over 30 GB free so memory is not the issue. So my question is: How can I download my full resolution photos from iCloud to my new iPhone 7 plus?
--Asked on Reddit
iCloud Photo Library automatically keeps every photo and video you take in iCloud, so you can access your library from any device, anytime you want. But many users doubt about how to download photos from iCloud back to the iPhone. You clearly know that your photo collection will be uploaded to iCloud each time your device connects to Wi-Fi and your battery is charged, and acturally it is the same as download your iCloud photos - it happens automatically.
What if you want get into the background, and get full control over which photos you'd prefer to download, at what time, and with which photos? The answer is to ask help from the professional and capable third party app.
You May Like: How to Add Songs to an iPhone SE >
The Tool We Use
What you need is an iCloud backup extractor that you can use to get photos, notes and more from iCloud without restoring iPhone, and at the same time, it should be an iPhone transfer tool that could be used to transfer these photos to your iPhone. So we decided to use an iOS content manager - AnyTrans. And below are some features of this tool you may be interested in.
- Download photos, messages and notes from iCloud backup.
- Sync songs from a laptop to your iPhone without erasing.
- Get iPhone music to iTunes library even the non-iTunes purchased items.
- Copy both media file and personal data from one iPhone to another iPhone directly.
How Can I Download Full Resolution Photos from iCloud to My iPhone
Following are the detailed steps of downloading full resolution photos from iCloud Photo Library to iPhone, if you want to download photos from iCloud backup, you can move to this guide: How to Get Pictures from iCloud Backup >
Step 1. Download and install AnyTrans on your computer, open it and click on cloud icon > Sign in with your iCloud account.
How to Download Full Resolution Photos from iCloud – Step 1
Step 2. Go to category page, click on Photos.
How to Download Full Resolution Photos from iCloud – Step 2
Step 3. Select pictures you need, and then click the Download button to extract photos from iCloud to computer.
How to Download Full Resolution Photos from iCloud – Step 3
Step 4. Click Device tab > Click Add Content > Select the photos you exported in Step 3 > Click Open button to start transferring downloaded iCloud photos to iPhone.
How to Download Full Resolution Photos from iCloud – Step 4
The Bottom Line
With the help of AnyTrans, it is very easy and convenient for downloading photos from iCloud (backup) back to your iPhone. If you still have any question about this guide, please contact our support team via Email, they will reply to you within 24 hours. If you like this guide, please share it with your friends. Why not have a try on AnyTrans now?
View and Access Data or Content from iCloud (Backup)
Check and View Text Messages in iCloud > By Joy, Jun. 9, 2017
Extract Photos from iCloud (Backup) >By Vicky, Sept 03, 2016
Extract Messages from iCloud (Backup) > By Joy, Sept. 03, 2016
Get WhatsApp Messages from iCloud Backup > By Joy, Apr. 27, 2017
Extract or Get Data/Files from iCloud (Backup) > By Vicky, Jun. 9, 2017
Access and View Files in iCloud Backup > By Joy, Oct. 28, 2016
Download iCloud Backup to PC/Mac Computer > By Vicky, Aug. 1, 2017
More Related Articles You May Like
- How to Sync Music from iTunes to Flash Drive or USB – This guide will show you how to transfer music from iTunes to flash drive/USB as backup. Read more >>
- How to Copy Music from iPhone to iPad – Read on this guide to know how to send music from iPhone to iPad with ease. Read more>>
- How to Send Music from iPod touch to Mac – You will learn a simple and easy way to transfer music from iPod touch to Mac. Read more>>
- How to Send Music from Computer to iPad – If you want to find a simple way to transfer music from computer to iPad, you can read on this guide to find an answer. Read more >>
- Transfer Music from iPhone to Computer – How to import music from iPhone to computer? This guide will help you solve the trouble in 3 easy steps. Read more >>
- Transfer Music from iPod to Your Computer – Don't know how to transfer music from iPod to computer? This guide may help you solve the trouble.Read more >>