This guide list the most common app issues you may meet after updating to iOS 10/10.1/10.2/10.3, or even the latest iOS 10.3.2, and also offers you the solutions to fix the annoying problems.
This all-sided transfer tool can help you transfer more than 20 + types of data from iPhone/iPad to computer/iTunes/another iDevice and vice versa. Give it a free try now.
Apple unveiled its new operating system iOS 10 at WWDC 2016 last month, and it also provides people with an opportunity to try the public beta of iOS 10. Many Apple funs have downloaded it to experience the new features on their iPhone/iPad/iPod touch. However, just like the previous update, it often brings some problems after updating to iOS 10.
Here in this guide we collect the most common app related problems you may meet on iPhone/iPad/iPod touch after iOS 10/10.1/10.2/10.3 update, or the latest version of iOS 10.3.2. And also offers the solutions to fix the issues. Let's get it on.
Part 1. App Keeps Crashing After Updating to iOS 10/10.1/10.2/10.3.2
Quite a few users have experienced this problem just like you. The app may crashes instantly after you launch it, or it crashes randomly when you are using it. Here we list several solutions to fix this annoying problem.
- Reboot your iDevice(s). Hold on the sleep/wake button and the Home button until the screen turns on with Apple logo.
- Update the app to the latest version. Some of the apps may not run properly on new iOS 10/10.1/10.2/10.3, or the latest iOS 10.3.2, just go to App Store to have a check.
- Turn off Background App Refresh. Go to Settings > General > Background App Refresh > Turn it off.
- Delete the app and reinstall. It can also delete the app cache and free up storage space.
- Reset all the settings. Go to General > Reset > Rest All Settings.
- Downgrade iOS 10 to iOS 9. If all the above methods cannot help you solve app crashing problems, then you can downgrade from iOS 10 to iOS 9.3.3.
Part 2. App Stuck on Waiting When Updating to iOS 10/10.1/10.2/10.3.2
Your apps may be stuck at Waiting when you update the device(s) to iOS 10/10.1/10.2/10.3, or the latest iOS 10.3.2, and you even cannot delete them. If your app says Waiting and won't download, the following methods can help you out.
- Check out your network connection. Make sure you have a stable network connection. If you have Wi-Fi connection problems, you can go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings to fix it (You will lose Wi-Fi password).
- Check your iDevice memory. You may have no enough room to install the apps on your iPhone or iPad. Try to free up more space.
- Delete the apps in Settings. Go to Settings > General > Usage to find the waiting apps and then delete them.
- Reboot your device. Press and hold the on/off button and the Home button until the Apple logo appears.
Part 3. App Won't Download/Update After iOS 10/10.1/10.2/10.3.2 Update
App won't download or update on iPhone/iPad is a common problem after updating to a new iOS. If it is related to Apple's server, we have to wait for Apple to fix this issue. If it is related to your device(s), then you can read the following part to get some solutions.
- Check the network connection. If the Wi-Fi connection isn't stable, you can go to Settings > WLAN > Tap (i) next to the Wi-Fi > Tap Renew Lease to fix it.
- Restart App Store. Force quite the App Store and launch it again.
- Check out your Apple ID. Make sure you are using the correct Apple ID and password. And you can sign out and sign in again to have a try.
- Free up storage space. Go to Settings > General > Storage & iCloud Usage to see whether there is enough room.
- Restart your device. Press and hold the on/off button and drag slide to power off, and then turn on your iPhone again after a few seconds.
- Restore your device. If all the above methods cannot help you, you have no choice but to restore your device: How to Backup & Restore iPhone via iTunes >
Part 4. Downloaded App Not Showing Up on iOS 10/10.1/10.2/10.3.2
Just downloaded an app on iPhone/iPad/iPod but it did not show up on your home screen. When you search it in Spotlight, you may find it and run the app. But is there any method to let it show on screen?
- Reset the Home Screen Layout. Settings > General > Reset > Reset Home Screen Layout.
- Restart your device. Hold down the sleep/wake button and Home button until the Apple logo appears.
- Delete some apps. If you have a lot of apps, then delete some of them to have a try, because there is a limitation to the number of pages Springboard can display.
- Enable App Restriction. Settings > General > Restrictions > Apps under ALLOWED CONTENT.
Hope this guide can help you solve your app problems successfully. If you have other solutions or meet some new app related problems on iOS 10/10.1/10.2/10.3, or the latest iOS 10.3.2, just share it in Comment Section.
More iOS 10 Upgrade Related Articles
- How to Upgrade Your iPhone iPad iPod touch to iOS 10 >
- Should I Update to iOS 10 or Stick with iOS 9 >
- iOS 10 Compatibility: iOS 10 Supported Devices >
- How to Install iOS 10 on iPhone iPad and iPod touch >
- The Most Common iOS 10 Problems and Solutions >
- How to Speed Up Old and Slow iOS 10 Devices >
- How to Free Up Space on iOS 10 Devices >
- How to Prepare for iOS 10 Upgrade >
- How to Recover Lost Data on iOS 10 Devices >
- How to Downgrade iOS 10 to iOS 9 >