Find your iPhone/iPad battery problem after updating to iOS 10/10.1/10.2, even the latest iOS 10.3? This guide will tell you how to fix iOS 10 battery drain issue with detailed steps.
Download this powerful iOS data manager to transfer some photos, songs and ringtones to your iPhone/iPad/iPod touch easily and quickly. It will not let you down.
Apple released iOS 10 on Sep. 13 and the iOS 10.1 on Oct. 31， the iOS 10.2 on Dec.12. And now the iOS 10.3 is available to public. Some Apple users have already updated their iPhone/iPad to the latest version. And they also find some problems after updating to iOS 10/10.1/10.2/10.3. In the previous post, we have already talked about Bluetooth Issues and App Crashing Issues, and here in this guide we will help you fix iOS 10/10.1/10.2/10.3 battery issues on iPhone/iPad/iPod touch, including the way to solve iOS 10 battery drain problem.
Part 1. Common iOS 10/10.1/10.2/10.3 Battery Issues on iPhone/iPad
According to the battery issues happened after updating to iOS 7/8/9, and the latest issues reported by iOS 10 users, here we list the most common battery issues you may meet after installing iOS 10/10.1/10.2/10.3.
- iPhone iPad battery draining fast
- Abnormal bad battery life issues
- The iPhone heats up randomly and battery goes down fast.
- iPhone shuts off with battery to spare, but it shows you need to connect the device to a charger before it can open again.
Almost every iOS update, from iOS 8 to iOS 9, even the latest iOS 10.3, many iOS users complained their iPhone iPad’s battery draining very fast. If you are one of them, move to Part 2 to fix it with the possible solutions.
Part 2. How to Fix iOS 10/iOS 10.1/iOS 10.2 Battery Issues on iPhone/iPad
Do you meet those iOS 10 battery problems listed in Part 1? If so, just read and get some solutions to fix the iOS 10 battery issues. Those methods can help you solve the most common iPhone/iPad battery problems, no matter you are stuck on them after iOS 10.1/10.2 or iOS 10.3 update.
- Check the battery usage. Go to Settings > Battery to check if there is an app that is the chief culprit.
- Reboot your iPhone/iPad. Hold down the wake/sleep button and Home button until the Apple logo appears.
- Reset all settings. Go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset All Settings to factory default.
- Enable Low Power Mode. Go to Settings > Battery > Turn on Low Power Mode.
- Turn on Airplane Mode. Just enable Airplane Mode when you are not using the iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Turn off background app refresh. When you turn on this feature, the app will work in the background and use the battery. If you don’t need the apps refresh automatically, just Go to Settings > General > Background App Refresh > Turn it off.
- Turn off Location Services. Open Settings app > Privacy > Location Services > Turn it off. Or you can also set it to enable the services while using the app.
- Disable iCloud Keychain. Go to Settings > iCloud > Keychain > Turn it off.
- Downgrade to old version. If all the above methods cannot help you, then you can downgrade from iOS 10 to iOS 9.3.5.
- Restore your device. It can erase all the settings and content on your device, so this is the last option. You can first restore from one backup to have a try, if it does not work then you have no choice but to restore your device as new.
Hope this guide can help you fix iOS 10 battery drain issue issue successfully. And if you want to learn more tips on saving iPhone/iPad battery life, then refer to this guide: Top 16 Tips to Save Battery on iPhone 6/6s/5/5s/4/4s and iPhone 7 >
More iOS 10 Upgrade Related Articles
- How to Upgrade Your iPhone iPad iPod touch to iOS 10 >
- Should I Update to iOS 10 or Stick with iOS 9 >
- iOS 10 Compatibility: iOS 10 Supported Devices >
- How to Install iOS 10 on iPhone iPad and iPod touch >
- The Most Common iOS 10 Problems and Solutions >
- How to Speed Up Old and Slow iOS 10 Devices >
- How to Free Up Space on iOS 10 Devices >
- How to Prepare for iOS 10 Upgrade >
- How to Recover Lost Data on iOS 10 Devices >
- How to Downgrade iOS 10 to iOS 9 >