Fix Can't Add Music to iTunes Issue with Ease
Encountered can't add music to iTunes issue? Don't worry, here in this post, several methods are introduced to help you fix can't add music to iTunes issue.
AnyTrans could help you transfer music from computer to iOS device directly. Have a try on AnyTrans after fixing can't add music to iTunes issue.
Q: A month or so ago, I became unable to add new tracks to iTunes. Whether I try to add via clicking on the track, dragging into iTunes, or adding the track from the file menu, the result is the same. How can I fix this?
A User from Ask MetaFilter
A: Frankly, can't add music to iTunes issue is rare to occur. However, I am not saying that it is impossible to fix can't add music to iTunes issue. Whenever you can't add songs to iTunes, you can always try those methods below.
How to Fix Can't Add Music to iTunes Issue
Method 1. Update to the Latest Version of iTunes
No matter what kind of iTunes issue occurs, updating iTunes to the latest version is always helpful as old version of iTunes may contain bugs and errors and latest version of iTunes would contain fixes. Below are detailed steps of how to get the latest version of iTunes.
For PC users, please open iTunes first, from the menu bar at the upper left corner of your computer screen, choose iTunes > Check for Updates, follow the prompts and you can then have the newest version of iTunes installed.
For Mac users, please open iTunes, from the upper left corner of the iTunes window, choose Help > Check for Updates, follow the prompts and you can have the latest version of iTunes.
Method 2. Convert Music to iTunes Supported Format
Currently, iTunes only supports importing music on the format of MP3, AIFF, WAV, MPEG-4 and M4A. If you find you can't add songs to iTunes, please check if the songs you want to add to iTunes are of iTunes supported formats. If not, please transfer them to iTunes supported formats.
Method 3. Relog in iTunes Account
After tests, under certain circumstances, relogging in iTunes account could solve can't add music to iTunes issue.
To relog in iTunes account, you should first open iTunes, click Account > Sign Out, then click Account > Sign in.
Due to Apple protection mechanism, you now can't just drag music to iTunes.
Bonus Tip: How to Transfer Music from Computer to iOS Device
Normally, adding music to iTunes Library is not an ultimate goal, a lot of users wish to add music to iTunes Library, then sync these songs to iOS devices.
As you can tell, transferring music from computer to iOS device is somewhat complicated, and during transferring process, a lot of issues may occur like can't add music to iTunes, data loss.
To better help users, here in this bonus tip, we will show you one powerful iOS data transfer tool - AnyTrans that is capable of helping you transfer music from computer to iOS device directly. Below are reasons why you will like AnyTrans:
- AnyTrans is of high efficiency. With AnyTrans, you can transfer a few hundred songs from iOS devices to iTunes within 5 minutes.
- AnyTrans could automatically convert music to device-supported format while transferring music from computer to iOS device.
- AnyTrans supports not only transferring songs from computer to iOS device, but also transferring songs from iOS devices to computer.
- AnyTrans is easy to operate so that even green hands would operate it well.
Now let's take a look on how to transfer music from computer to iOS device.
You May Like: How to Transfer Calendars from iPhone to Computer >
Step 1. Free download AnyTrans and launch it on your computer, connect your iOS device to the computer. AnyTrans would soon recognize your device.
Step 2. Click the iOS device tab on the upper left corner, then scroll down or click the tab on your right, select Audio > Music.
How to Transfer Music from Computer to iOS Device - Step 2
Step 3. Click button, then select music you want to transfer to iOS devices, click Open, selected music would soon be transferred to your iOS device.
How to Transfer Music from Computer to iOS Device - Step 3
The Bottom Line
That's all for how to fix can't add music to iTunes issue, if you find this post helpful, we'd appreciate it if you give this post a like or subscribe. By the way, AnyTrans could actually help you transfer more data like photos, videos from computer to iPhone, why don't you download AnyTrans now?
What's Hot on iMobie
More Related Articles You May Like
- How to Transfer Music from iTunes to iPhone – This tutorial shows you the way to transfer music from iTunes to iPhone. Read more >>
- How to Transfer Music from iPhone to iPhone – This post introduces you the way to transfer music from iPhone to iPhone. Read more >>
- How to Transfer Music from iTunes to iPhone – This guide shows you the way to transfer music from iTunes to iPhone. Read more >>
- How to Transfer Contacts from Computer to iPhone – This article tells you how to transfer contacts from computer to iPhone. Read more >>