Five Solutions to Fix iTunes Error 3169
Failed to update your iPhone iPad with iTunes because of the error 3169? Read this guide to fix iTunes error 3169 in several simple ways.
Download AnyTrans to manage your iPhone iPad files in an easy way after you read this article about how to fix iTunes error 3169.
“Error 3169 when trying to update iPhone 6S on iTunes using Windows 7. All softwares up to date.”
- From Apple Discussions
You may also be stuck on the same situation - iTunes error 3169 when updating or restoring your iPhone/iPad/iPod with iTunes on computer. The error 3169 is caused by many reasons, but the solutions are almost same, then in this article, we will show several common methods to fix the iTunes error 3169.
What is iTunes Error 3169
The iTunes error 3169 always happens when restoring or updating your iPhone/iPad/iPod with iTunes, it is majorly caused by the system files damage, but some other issues may also inevitably lead to the error 3169.
How to Fix iTunes Error 3169
Solution 1. Restart Device and Computer
It is a simple method to fix the error 3169, in fact, you can try this firstly when you meet any problems on your device or computer.
Solution 2. Check Network
iTunes cannot download any firmware or other files from Apple sever when it is no Internet connection or connection is unstable, so please keep your computer connected to Internet stably during the whole updating or restoring process.
Solution 3. Use Original USB Cable
The original USB cable makes iPhone work better, please use the original USB cable of your iPhone/iPad/iPod. Besides, plug your iDevice directly into the USB port of computer, not into the attached USB hub. If the error 3169 still exists, please keep reading for next solution.
Solution 4. Update iTunes Version
Some earlier iTunes versions are unable to install latest version of iOS and restore iDevice , so if you meet the error, you can try to update iTunes to the latest version. To update iTunes to current with steps: Click Help button > Click Check for Updates.
Fix iTunes Error 3169 - Update iTunes to Current Version
Solution 5. Update and Repair System
We have talked about the corrupted system software makes a great difference to the error 3169, and the system software issue is caused by improperly deleting system files, or the uncompleted system upgrade or some malwares. So please update and repair system to fix the error.
As for how to update system software, please refer to the following links:
Bonus Tip: Backup or Restore iPhone with an Alternative to iTunes
There are always many errors during the process of updating or restoring iPhone with iTunes, like iTunes error 3194, iTunes error 14 and other errors, so people may want to search an iTunes alternative tools to backup or restore iPhone. Then in this article, we will recommend you a software iMobie AnyTrans, which is full of many great functions compared with iTunes, like:
- AnyTrans helps you manage iOS content, like music, photos, contacts, etc, in other words, you can manage almost all iOS data in a simple way.
- AnyTrans helps you transfer data from iOS device to computer, and you can freely select the data you want to backup, which allows you to backup selected data to computer.
- AnyTrans enables you to transfer data from computer to iOS device, you can move the files on computer back to iDeivce, which could help you restore iOS deivce without iTunes and the inevitable iTunes errors.
- AnyTrans helps you view iTunes backups and selectively export the data to computer, even to iDevice directly.
- AnyTrans also enables you backup iOS content to iTunes Library and another iDevice.
iTunes Alternative Overview
The Bottom Line
That’s all for how to fix iTunes error 3169, hope the solutions will help you get rid off the trouble. At last, please try this iTunes alternative to backup your iPhone data in a simple way.
What's Hot on iMobie
More Related Article You May Like
- How to Fix iTunes Error 2 Issue - This post provides you several solutions to fix iTunes error 2 issue. Read More >>
- How to Fix iTunes Error 17 with 4 Solutions - Read this article and fix iTunes error 17 with 4 solutions. Read More >>
- iTunes Backup was Corrupt or Not Compatible - This guide will help you fix iTunes backups corrupted and incompatible issue. Read More >>
- The Firmware File is Not Compatible - Read this guide and fix iTunes restore problem quickly. Read More >>