How to Fix: Voicemail Won't Work on iPhone 5 within iOS 10
This guide is all about how to fix voicemail won't work on iPhone 5 within iOS 10 in an easy & safe way. Read the following instructions to fix voicemail on your iPhone 5/5s quickly
PhoneRecue is a professional iOS data recovery program to retrieve deleted voicemail on iDevices easily. Download PhoneRescue to have a try after reading this guide.
"My voicemail on iPhone 5 has been bugging out since after updating iOS 10. It keeps snapping closed at random points during playback, particularly on speakerphone. I always take 5 to 6 tries to get through a voicemail...every time I have to scroll forward to hear more before it glitches. Reset network settings no change. Messages app freezes and crashes, contacts have issues when adding and merging via voicemail. I really want to how to fix my voicemail on iPhone 5, appreciated in advance!"
---- A User From Apple Support
It goes without saying that not just the only user has such a situation. To keep your iPhone 5 up-to-date or fix the annoyed bugs, all you want is to update your iPhone to the latest iOS 10, which owns a number of significant enhancements on messages, photos, maps etc. However, the voicemail no working problem is one of common issues after updating to iOS 10. If you are experiencing the similar trouble, and have no idea how to fix voicemail won't work on your iPhone 5/5s in iOS 10, the following content we’ve listed might be help you out.
How to Visual Voicemail on iPhone within iOS 10
Don't Miss: How to Recover Deleted Voicemail on iPhone
If you find out that the voicemail cannot work on your iPhone 5, it is possible that the problem is at your carrier’s end. But it also may be caused by the following reasons:
- Your iPhone not showing voicemail messages
- Cannot setup voicemail after update
- No alerts/notifications about voicemails
- Your callers not able to record messages
- Voicemail is currently unavailable/cannot access voicemail
- Duplicate or multiple copies of voicemail message
- Calls or dials voicemail instead of showing a list of visual voicemail
- Unable to hear or listen to a voicemail message
- No option to leave a voicemail message
- Cannot delete a voicemail message
How to Fix Voicemail Won’t Work on iPhone 5 within iOS 10
Here we’ve rounded up 6 tricks or tips to fix voicemail won’t work on your iPhone 5/5s in iOS 10, hopefully these will help you out as soon as possible.
1. Check the Carrier on Your iPhone 5
Check if there is a carrier setting update required, install it by going into Settings, then tapping General and then tapping about.
2. Restart Your iPhone
Generally, iPhone needs to restart after new software update installation. To restart your iPhone 5, press and hold the Sleep/Wake button until the red slider shows up > Drag the slider to power off > After a few seconds, press and hold the Sleep/Wake button again until the Apple logo appears on your iPhone 5.
3 Reset the Network Settings
It is true that a new system update may void or override the current network on devices, and hereby inflicting network issues to happen. The network issues can also influence voicemail messages on your iPhone. To reset network settings: go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings.
How to Fix Voicemail Won't Work on iPhone 5 within iOS 10
Warm Hints: Resetting the network settings will erase network credentials and restore them to default. So make a whole backup of your iPhone is extremely needed.
4.Reset Voicemail Password
To reset the voicemail password on your iPhone, you need to log in to the carrier’s website or contact customer service. After this, navigate to the Voicemail tab on the Phone app. A new screen will then prompt you to set up your voicemail.
5. Disable Wi-Fi on your iPhone.
Please remember that visual voicemail uses mobile data not Wi-Fi network. To disable Wi-Fi, go to your iPhone Settings > tap Wi-Fi > Then tap the switch to disable or turn Wi-Fi off.
6. Verify if voicemail is set up on your iPhone.
Some updates would reset some device settings configuration. Therefore, verify and ensure voicemail is still properly set up and configured on your iPhone 5/5s. Tap on Phone > Voicemail tab > Tap Set Up Now > Enter a password and re-enter it > Done > Tap Custom to record a personal greeting > Tap on Record to start recording and tap Stop when it is done.
What's Hot on iMobie
New iOS Data to iPhone Transfer Guidelines > iMobie Team·August 12
2016 Best iPhone Data Recovery Tools Review > Corrinla·August 27
2016 Best iPhone Backup Extractor Tools > Tom·August 16
How to Recover Deleted Text Messages iPhone > Corrinla·March 17
How to Transfer Photos from iPhone to PC > Kelly·August 06
More Related Articles You may Love
- Magic iPhone Tip - How to Undo Typing on Your iPhone – It is a fantastic trick to undo typing on your iPhone iPad. Read More >>
- 2016 Top iPhone Data Recovery Software – Here you will get several top iPhone data recovery tools to help you recover data on your iPhone. Read More>>
- How to Transfer iPhone Data to New iPhone – It is an excellent way to transfer data from iPhone to iPhone here. Read More>>
- How to Recover Deleted iMessages on iPhone – It is a trouble-free method to recover deleted iMessages on your iPhone. Read More>>
- How to Share Your iTunes Library In 3 Simple Methods – This guide will show you how to share iTunes Library easily. Read More>>