How to Know If Your iPhone is Locked or Not
This guide tells you how to know if your iPhone is locked or not. Follow the rest part to get the answer in minutes.
Have a try on PhoneRescue to recover data from iPhone, iTunes or iCloud after reading this guide on how to check if your iPhone is unlocked.
When we upgrade to a span-new iPhone, it is very necessary to check if the iPhone is locked or not. An unlocked iPhone can be used on any phone network, while a locked iPhone can only be used on the specific carrier and network.
If you buy the iPhone with full-price from the Apple Store are unlocked by default, but an iPhone bought from a network, might be locked. Here's how to know if your iPhone is locked to your carrier or not. Now read the rest part to get the solutions.
How to Tell a Locked or Unlocked iPhone
You May Like: How to Recover Text Messages on iPhone 6 >
Method 1. Change a SIM Card with Different Network
The quickest way is to try a spare SIM card from a different network to your current provider on your phone. Here is how to make it.
- Make a phone call using the current SIM card. Make sure it connects.
- Eject the SIM card from the iPhone, and insert a new SIM card.
- Reboot your iPhone after changing the SIM cards to see if it works on your phone. If your phone is locked, you'll get a pop-up error asking you to insert a valid SIM card.
Method 2. How to Check If Your iPhone is Unlocked in Settings
- Tap your "Settings" tab on the home screen. If you can locate the "Carrier" and "Cellular" tabs, this means that your Carrier that has provided your SIM card allowed you to change your APN.
- Tap "Cellular". If the option "Cellular Data Network" appears, your iPhone is unlocked.
If you accidentally lost some important data on your iPhone, you can use PhoneRescue to get them back like messages, notes, contacts, photos, etc.
Also Read: How to Recover Notes on iPhone 6 >
The Bottom Line
This is how to tell if your iPhone is unlocked. If you have any questions on this guide, please leave a comment on the below section. Meanwhile, don't forget to share this post with your friends if it is helpful. If you have any question on this post, please leave a comment in the below section.
What's Hot on iMobie
New iOS Data to iPhone Transfer Guidelines > iMobie Team·August 12
2016 Best iPhone Data Recovery Tools Review > Corrinla·August 27
2016 Best iPhone Backup Extractor Tools > Tom·August 16
How to Recover Deleted Text Messages iPhone > Corrinla·March 17
How to Transfer Photos from iPhone to PC > Kelly·August 06
More Related Articles You May Like
- How to Recover Deleted Photos from iPhone 6 - Read this guide to figure out how to recover photos from iPhone 6 in minutes. Read more>>
- How to Retrieve Voice Memos from iPhone Backup – This post shows you how to retrieve deleted voice memos from iPhone. Read more >>
- How to View iPhone Backup Files on Computer - This post tells you how to access iTunes and iCloud backup files on your Mac/PC. Read more >>
- How to Retrieve Deleted Voicemail on iPhone - Read this post to know two methods to recover deleted voicemail on iPhone. Read more >>