How to Easily Make Drive Icons Disappear from Mac Desktop
Those hard drive icons on your Mac desktop make you crazy? If yes, this tip will help you to make them disappear after reading this article.
Download this free worth-having software on your computer and then clean up those junks to speed up your computer. Now follow this tip to know how to make those hard drive icons disappear from your Mac desktop.
When you connect a backup hard drive like Time Machine to your Mac, it is always on your desktop. Many people may feel crazy when see it on their desktop. Therefore, the thought of making it go away is becoming stronger.
Don't worry, this tip will teach you how to make it disappear on your Mac desktop. Here, follow me to know how to make it step by step.
Don't Miss: How to Clean Up Your Mac Quickly >
How to Make Hard Drive Icons Disappear from Mac Desktop
- Open the Finder at the left top corner of desktop.
- Click on the Finder menu.
- Select Preferences.
- Under the Show these items on the desktop, uncheck Hard disks.
If you want to disappear some external disks or CDs, DVDs, and iPods, you can also uncheck them.
Your Mac is getting slow and sluggish. Therefore, it's time to clean up those junk files to speed up your Mac. To clean up your Mac and speed up it, you really need refer to: 11 Methods to Speed up Your Mac.
The Bottom Line
Now you will never see those hard drive icons from your Mac desktop after unchecking them. For your Mac, if you find it works slowly you may need clean up it now. Therefore, try to download it on your Mac and you can clean up your Mac at any time.
What's Hot on iMobie
More Related Articles You May Like
- How to Make Own Wallpaper on Mac – This tip tells you how to make your own wallpaper on Mac. Read more>>
- Add Recent Used Apps and Documents to Mac's Dock – Add your recent used apps and documents to Mac Dock in this tip. Read more>>
- Send & Receive Text Messages on Mac – You will know how to send and receive Text Messages on Mac in this guide. Read more >>
- How to Access iPhone Files on your Mac – This tip tells you how to access iPhone files on your Mac with AnyTrans. Read more >>