Data loss is a very common iOS update problem and that’s why we write this guide, which tells you three methods to get back lost iOS 10 data.
Have a try on this powerful iOS data recovery PhoneRescue to help you get back lost but valuable data on iPhone iPad. It is fully compatible with all iDevices.
You may cheer with joy when heard about those new features of iOS 10: new and fun Message features, redesigned Control Center, a new Music app, and much more. Updating to new iOS should be full of excitement but one of the most common updating problems you may meet is losing valuable data on iPhone iPad.
In case of losing significant data like contacts, messages, notes, calendars, photos, and more from your iDevcie when updating to iOS 10, you'd better make full preparations, like check iOS 10 supported devices, make a backup, free up space, update iTunes, etc. Unluckily, if you did everything, but the tragic still happened to you, don't be upset, we write this guide to help you get lost data back whether you get backups or not.
1. Download the latest version of iTunes on your PC or Mac. Open iTunes and connect with your iPhone.
2. Select your iPhone when it appears in iTunes.
3. Under Summary, choose "Restore iPhone…", and you need to turn off Find My iPhone on your iDevice.
4. Select a backup and click Restore and wait for the restore to be finished.
This way is based on that you've backed up your iPhone with iCloud before updating to iOS 10. Here is how to restore data from iCloud if you lose important content during the update.
1. On your iPhone or iPad, make sure you have create a backup with iCloud: Go to Settings > iCloud > Storage > Manage Storage.
2. Restore your iPhone from iCloud: Go to Settings > General > Reset, then tap "Erase all content and settings."
3. From the apps Apps & Data screen, tap "Restore from iCloud Backup", then sign in to iCloud.
4. Select a backup to proceed, and the time depends on the network and the backup size.
Neither iTunes nor iCloud permits selectively recover lost data from iPhone iPad, and restoring will wipe the existing data on your iOS devices. An alternative way to retrieve lost data from iOS 10 is using PhoneRescue.
Step 1. Download PhoneRescue on your PC or Mac. Run PhoneRescue and connect your iPhone or iPad to computer.
Step 2. Choose a recover mode: Recover from iDevice, Recover from iTunes Backup or Recover from iCloud. We take recover from iDevcie as an example.
Step 3. Then let PhoneRescue scan your iPhone (or the iPhone backup you choose).
Step 4. Preview and select data you want to recover. Click Recover to iPhone or Recover to Computer button on the bottom right. (Contacts, Call History, Messages, Voicemail, Calendar, Reminders, Notes, and Safari Bookmarks can be recover to iPhone directly.)
|Recover without Backup||--||--|
|Time Needed||15-30 Mins||15-30 Mins||5-10 Mins|