How to Recover Photos from Dead iPhone
If you want to get photos off dead iPhone and retrieve your lost data, you have come to the right place. Just read this post to get your solution.
PhoneRescue is an iOS file recover as well as an iPhone backup extractor. Download the free trial to recover photos from a dead iPhone.
Question: I have an iPhone 4 that is very much broken. I tried to get my computer to recognize it but I failed. It can't turn on at all. So I cannot find a way to get the pictures off of it. I'm sure if I fix it I could get it to work, but I've already bought an iPhone 5 so I really hate to have to do that. Is there anyway to get these pictures off without putting more money into the phone. Thanks!
-- A user from IFIXIT
Analysis: Most iPhone users may meet the above situation: due to some unexpected reasons iPhone is totally dead and can't be turned on or be recognized by computer. At that time, we may want to recover the photos from the dead iPhone for they are really important for us.
If you have created backups of the dead iPhone via iTunes or iCloud, you can restore the backup to a new iPhone to bring back the photos. However, this will replace the data and settings with the files in the dead iPhone, and you cannot ONLY recover photos from iTunes or iCloud backup.
Solution: With the help of an iPhone backup extractor like PhoneRescue, you can selectively recover photos from dead iPhone as long as you ever made backups with iTunes.
Must read: How to Recover Deleted Photos from iPhone >
A Brief Introduce of PhoneRescue
- PhoneRescue focuses on analyzing and recovering 28 types of iOS content, like photos, messages, notes, reminder, music and so on.
- PhoneRescue is capable of extracting data in iTunes backup including photos, messages, notes, contacts, call history and more, even if your iPhone is dead.
- PhoneRescue supports retrieving deleted photos from iPhone directly without any backup.
- PhoneRescue offers you a chance to preview all your photos before recovering, in this way you can choose those photos you want to recover.
PhoneRescue supports all the modes of iPhone, iPad, iPod, iPod touch. So firstly download and install PhoneRescue on your computer.
How to Recover Photos from Dead iPhone via iTunes backup
Step 1. Open PhoneRescue on your computer and then on the homepage, choose Recover from iTunes Backup, and click Next to get all iTunes backups.
Recover Photos from Dead iPhone with PhoneRescue via iTunes Backup – Step 1
Step 2. Choose one iTunes backup you want to recover photos on it and then click "Next" to next page.
Retrieving Photos from Dead iPhone with PhoneRescue via iTunes Backup – Step 2
Step 3. PhoneRescue will automatically scan data on your backup. After that, just choose "Photos" to preview pictures on the backup. And you can also click into the categories named Photo Videos, Thumbnails and App Photos to find some photos. You can select any items and click "To Computer” icon to save them to computer.
How to Recover Photos from Dead iPhone with PhoneRescue – Step 3
Note: If your iPhone can be recognized by the computer and you have no backup available, you can use PhoneRescue to recover the deleted photos from iPhone directly by choosing the "Recover from an iOS Device" mode.
The Bottom Line
With the help of PhoneRescue, you can easily recover deleted or lost iOS data. No matter your iDevice is in a good condition or your iDevice is dead, broken, or stolen, it can help to recover your data with three modes – Recover from Device, Recover from iTunes or iCloud Backup. Download PhoneRescue for a try. For the tutorial, if you have any question or suggestion, don't be hesitate to contact us by Email or comments. We will replay to you within 24 hours.
What's Hot on iMobie
More Related Articles You May Like
- How to Retrieve Notes from iPhone Backup – This guide gives an easy way to get notes back. Read more>>
- How to Retrieve Voice Memos from iPhone Backup Easily – This post tells you an easy way to get back your voice memos. Read more>>
- How to Easily Recover App Data on iPhone – It gives you a guide about how to recover app data on iPhone. Read more>>
- How to Extract Contacts from iPhone – This guide helps you know how to get back your contacts from iPhone. Read more >>