Many iPhone users want to know how to restore contacts to new iPhone XS/XR. This guide will give you 4 practical and simple ways to help you out.
Recently, the newest generation of iPhone XS/XR has been released by Apple. Compared with iPhone X, there are many differences between iPhone X and the new iPhone XS/XR. For example, both of the new iPhone XS/XR have a new A12 Bionic processor that Apple claims are faster than the A11 chip in iPhone X. Besides, many other new fabulous features like these have also attracted iOS users’ attention.
As a result, regardless of the high price, many Apple fans would like to upgrade to iPhone XS or iPhone XR from their old iPhone generation. The first thing when you get a new iPhone is to set the important information about your iPhone, such as create your contacts. But it’s really a time-consuming work to create the contacts one by one, so many users want to restore contacts from backup to new iPhone XS/XR. To help you make it, we have collected 4 ways in this guide.
PhoneRescue for iOS can help you extract data from iCloud/iTunes backup in just one click. Unlike the traditional way, it supports previewing data before restoring and selecting the data you prefer to restore to your iPhone XS. Now free download it to restore your iPhone XS from iTunes backup easily.
If you have synced contacts from your old iPhone to iCloud before, you can log in the same Apple ID on the new iPhone XS/XR to restore iCloud contacts.
1. Go to Settings > Click Your name > Click iCloud.
2. Turn off the Contacts (If it is not turned off), then there’s a window will pop up, just tap the “Keep on My iPhone”. After that, turn on the contacts again and tap “ Merge”.
You May Also Like: How to Access and Get Contacts from iCloud >
1. Go to icloud.com and sign in with your App ID and password.
2. After you sign in, just click the Setting icons.
3. Then scroll down to the Advanced section and click the Restore Contacts.
4. You will see a list of previously made archives. You can find the date that has your contacts list and click Restore.
5. Click Restore again to confirm and then the restoration process will begin. After that, you will receive an email that ties to your Apple ID.
Method 3. Restore Contacts from Gmail to New iPhone XS / XR
Before restoring iPhone contacts from Gmail, you need to make sure that you have synced your contacts with Gmail before. If you have synced, just follow us to restore them.
1. Open your Settings on your iPhone > Select Accounts & Passwords > Select Add Accounts and choose Google > log in Google account.
2. Turn on Contacts and click “Save”. Then all Google contacts would be added to your iPhone XS/XR contacts app. After the process is over, you can open your contacts app and check them.
Besides the methods we mentioned, you can also restore contacts from iTunes on the condition that you have made one before. But as you all know, with iTunes, you are forced to restore the whole backup to iPhone without choice, and all your current data will be replaced by the backup contents.
Though the Apple technician does not provide iOS users with the choice to selectively restore data to iPhone, that doesn’t mean you can’t make it. To selectively restore contacts from iTunes, you can make use of the professional iOS recovery tool – PhoneRescue for iOS, which is a powerful, trusted, efficient, green iOS data recovery tool that can help you recover individual data instead of the whole backup to iPhone XS/XR. To know more details about PhoneRescue for iOS, you can read this guide. Now you can follow the below-written steps to restore iPhone contacts selectively.
1. Download and Run the PhoneRescue for iOS on your computer and connect your iPhone to the computer. Then Choose Restore from iTunes Backup and click the arrow to continue.
2. You’ll find all iTunes backups have been detected and displayed in the main interface. Just select one and start to scan. Then there’s a window named Data Compare will pop up, just choose Only Scan Backup. After that. All data will be shown, just choose Contacts in the box and click OK to continue.
3. You can preview and select the contacts that you want to recover and click To Device or To Computer to put these data to your device or computer.
Besides contacts, PhoneRescue for iOS can also restore many other iPhone data like photos, messages, calendar, music, call history, videos and so on.
After reading this guide, you might have known how to restore contacts to new iPhone XS/XR. Hope this post helps you a lot. By the way, if you want to selectively restore iPhone contacts without erasing, just download PhoneRescue for iOS to give it a try. If you have any other question, just share it with us in the comment.
Product-related questions? Contact Our Support Team to Get Quick Solution >
Recover your deleted iPhone iPad files with the highest success rate, no matter whether you have backups or not!