Did you delete the app icon on your device and you don’t know how to restore deleted icons on Android? Then you are in the right place. Here in this article, we are going to describe some methods that would help you out.
There are a lot of technologies available that can help the users to get everything back to the Android Device. But does that include the app icon missing from Android device too? Yes, it is possible. But you don’t have to rely on some third-party software if you accidentally deleted the app icon from your phone. The Android devices are capable of doing it on their own. We have gathered several solutions that would fix your problem. Users can choose any of the below-mentioned methods to retrieve their app icon on the home screen of their Android Device.
Even though the Android app icon is not showing on the screen, but that does not mean that the app is completely gone or missing from the device. You can check your phone for various reasons that could lead to the missing icon problem. The solutions will fix most of the problems of the users and will surely bring back the app icon.
The app drawer is the first place where you must look if your app icon went missing. The app drawer is the space which usually appears on the middle of the screen on Android phones. It is the gateway for all the apps present on the phone. To get your app icon back from the app drawer, follow the steps:
1. Tap on the App drawer and all the apps installed on your device will be displayed. Scroll down to look for the app that went missing from your home screen.
2. When you find the app, just press and hold the icon, then you will be navigated to the Home Screen.
3. You can simply drop the icon anywhere on the home screen. You can also swipe right or left to place the icon on some other page.
This method is simple enough to be carried out by a new user. To get the app icon missing on Android, follow the steps as:
1. Long press on your home screen where no app is present, i.e. the screen is blank. When you will touch and hold an empty space, a new pop up screen will appear which will display several options within the window.
2. From the window, you can customize the settings of your device. Either you will see the Widget and App option together or separate. You have to choose the Apps option and then select the app that was deleted by mistake.
3. Now, hold the app icon and drag it to the Home Screen. Place the app where you want to keep it. You can always arrange the apps according to your accessibility anytime.
The chances are there that there might be some issues with your launcher. The launcher is the app that has a responsibility to control the layout of the home screen. So, you can try to replace your launcher with a new one.
1. Go to Google Play Store and download a new launcher of your choice.
2. Install the launcher and open it by pressing the home button. In the menu, select the launcher and you will have a different home screen afterward.
3. You will most probably find the missing app and its icon within the menu of the launcher.
If you have disabled the app in your Settings, the app icon also will disappear from the menu. So you can go to your Settings to check if you have disabled your app. If it is, just turn it off.
1. Open the Application menu in the phone Settings and tap on the app whose icon you want to retrieve.
2. Check if the app is on Disable/Stop. If the app is disabled then the icon will say Enable. This might be the reason why your app isn’t showing up in the menu. Toggle the option and enable the app and its icon will be back in the menu.
If the app is still not showing up then the other option you have is to check if you have deleted the entire app instead of its shortcut, or not. To check the best place is the Play Store. Carry out the steps below:
Step 1. Go to the Play Store and type the name of the missing app in the Search box.
Step 2. When the results show up, just click on the App, then check what it says. If it says Install rather than Update or Open, it means that you no longer have the app installed on your Android phone.
So, install the app again on your Android phone and recover the app icon too.
You can also go to check if you have deleted the App drawer icon. If it is missing then to get the App Drawer back you can follow the below steps. But remember the steps might differ according to your Android phone. So, we are simply providing you a simple check on the App Drawer.
1. See if you have dragged the app Drawer to other and if you somehow dragged it to the removing section, then you have only one option left to do.
2. Uninstall the launcher and then install it again on your Android phone and you will be able to see the App drawer again on the screen.
If it is the Custom icons whose app icon is missing from the Android phone, and none of the above methods worked for you, then it is time that you try out this method. The method is resetting your device:
Once you have reset your phone it will restart and all the data on your device will be erased, so you’d better back up your phone before conducting a reset.
1. In the Settings, go to the option Backup and Reset.
2. You will find an option which says “Factory Data Reset” or “Reset Phone”. Enter the password for a reset if your device asks for it and then click ok.
All of the above-explained methods are reliable and easy to operate. With the methods above, hope you can successfully recover the app icon on the Android phone. If some other methods are missing that can help the users to recover their missing app icons more easily, then please do tell us in the comment section.
Product-related questions? Contact Our Support Team to Get Quick Solution >
Recover deleted Android data and files with the highest success rate, and directly back to your Android phone or tablet.