Want to know how to restore iPhone XS form iTunes backup? In this guide, we will offer you a detailed tutorial about how to make it.
There are two conditions that people need to restore their iPhone XS from iTunes backup, restore the backup to a new iPhone XS or restore the backup to an iPhone XS in use. Either you want to restore iTunes backup to a new iPhone XS or an iPhone XS in use, you need to make sure that you have made an iTunes backup of your previous iPhone before. If you are sure that you have made one, now you can follow the 2 methods offered in this guide to restore the iTunes backup to your iPhone XS or iPhone XS Max.
PhoneRescue for iOS can help you extract data from iCloud/iTunes backup in just one click. Unlike the traditional way, it supports previewing data before restoring and selecting the data you prefer to restore to your iPhone XS. Now free download it to restore your iPhone XS from iTunes backup easily.
1. Turn on your new iPhone XS, then you can follow the steps on screen until you see the App & Data screen and tap Restore from iTunes Backup, click next.
2. Connect your iPhone XS to the computer that you used to back up your previous device.
3. Open iTunes on your computer and select your device.
4. Select Restore Backup > Choose a backup > Make sure it’s the correct one by looking at the date and size of each.
5. If you need to restore from an encrypted backup, enter your password when asked.
6. Finally, you can wait for the restore process to finish, then complete the rest of the setup steps on your iOS device.
Here we will provide you with 2 methods, and both of them are focus on restoring iPhone XS from iTunes backup. Something should be noted is that Method 1 will be a full restore, you can’t restore only wanted contents. If you want to restore individual data, you can move to Method 2.
Method 1. Traditional Way to Restore Your iTunes Backup to iPhone XS
Remember to back up your iPhone XS before restoring, or your current data on iPhone XS will be replaced by the iTunes backup contents.
1. Connect your iPhone XS to the computer > Open the iTunes > Click the Summary > Click Restore Backup.
2. Choose the backup you want to restore from.
Method 2. 3 Steps to Selectively Restore iPhone XS from iTunes Backup
To help you restore your iPhone XS from iTunes backup selectively, you need some reliable tools to help you make it. Having no idea how to choose the best one? Here we recommend you the PhoneRescue for iOS. Unlike the traditional iTunes way, you can preview the data in your iTunes backup and selectively restore needed files to your iPhone XS without erasing.
1. Download PhoneRescue for iOS on your PC or Mac > Connect your iPhone XS to the computer > Select Recover from iTunes Backup > Click on the arrow button.
2. Select a backup that you want to restore > Select the type of data you want to recover, you can select individual or all data, which is up to you.
If your backup is encrypted, you can go to remove encrypted iPhone backup.
3. Preview and select data you want to restore > Click Recover to Device or Recover to Computer button on the bottom right to start.
That’s all about how to restore iPhone XS from iTunes backup. Hope you would have got it. If you have any questions about this guide, you can leave your comments below. In addition, PhoneRescue for iOS is really a professional, trusted, health, green data recovery tool, it is really worth a download.
Product-related questions? Contact Our Support Team to Get Quick Solution >
Recover your deleted iPhone iPad files with the highest success rate, no matter whether you have backups or not!