How to Sync iPhone 6/6s with iTunes Over Wi-Fi
This post describes how to sync iPhone 6 or iPhone 6s with iTunes over Wi-Fi. It is also applied to sync iPad and iPod touch.
AnyTrans is an iOS transfer that allows you to transfer files among iDevice, iTunes and computer. Have a try on it before we start this tutorial on how to sync iPhone 6/6s over Wi-Fi.
Syncing an iPhone to iTunes over Wi-Fi is not a hard task since the debut of iOS 5. With this feature enabled, you will not need to plug your iPhone 6/6s to computer via USB to sync with iTunes. When the computer and your iPhone are connected to the same Wi-Fi network, your iPhone will appear in iTunes.
Your iPhone 6 or iPhone 6s syncs automatically whenever it is connected to a power source and iTunes is open on the computer. Wireless sync covers almost everything, including apps, music, bookmarks, books, contacts calendars, movies, photos, notes, documents and ringtones.
Requirements to use Wi-Fi syncing:
- An iPhone, iPad or iPod touch running iOS 5 or higher
- iTunes 10.6 or higher
- Your iPhone and computer connected to the same Wi-Fi network
- Ensure the Wi-Fi network is fast and stable. (Fix common iPhone iPad Wi-Fi problems here > )
Steps to Sync iPhone 6/6s to iTunes Over Wi-Fi:
Step 1. Download the latest version of iTunes. Open iTunes.
Step 2. You need to connect your iPhone 6 or iPhone 6s to computer via the Apple matched USB.
Step 3. In iTunes, click your device on the sidebar.
Step 4. On the Summary tab, select "Sync with this iPhone over Wi-Fi."
Step 5. Click Apply, and then disconnect the USB cable.
Step 6. The iPhone will now show in iTunes, choose the items you want to sync, and click Sync.
How to Sync iPhone 6/6s Over Wi-Fi
Bonus Tip: How to Sync iPhone Music Videos Apps and More to iTunes
As we all known that the single-way syncing feature of iTunes won’t allow you to transfer items from iPhone back to iTunes. To transfer iOS files between iTunes and iPhone freely without restriction, you can try AnyTrans. It is a full-way iOS transfer tool that allows you to transfer music, videos, ringtones, playlist, audiobooks and more between iPhone and iTunes, and no existing data will be wiped. Download the Free Trial to Have a Try >
Here is how to sync iPhone 6/6s to iTunes with AnyTrans:
Step 1. Open AnyTrans on your computer, and connect your iPhone 6 or iPhone 6s to it via a USB cable. Click Content to iTunes button to quickly sync iPhone data to iTunes in bulk.
Sync iPhone 6/6s to iTunes with AnyTrans – Step 1
Step 2. Select the items you want to sync to iTunes, and click Start Transfer.
Sync iPhone 6/6s to iTunes with AnyTrans – Step 2
You May Like:
The Bottom Line
One thing you should know is that syncing your iPhone 6/6s over Wi-Fi is slower than via USB especially when you have a large amount of content to sync. And to sync data from your iPhone to iTunes, to computer, and to another iPhone freely, you can have a try on AnyTrans.
What's Hot on iMobie
More Related Articles You May Like
- Top Maintenance Tips & Tricks to iPhone 6/6s – Here are some useful tips and tricks to maintain your iPhone 6/6s. Read more >>
- How to Back Up iPhone to Computer - It helps you backup important data on iPhone to computer in an easy, quick way. Read more >>
- How to Merge Contacts on iPhone - This articles teaches you to merge contacts on iPhone with a few clicks. Read more >>
- How to Sync Contacts from iPhone to iPad – Read on this guide to know an easy way to sync contacts from iPhone to iPad. Read more >>