How to Transfer Contacts from Old iPhone to iPhone 7 (Plus)
This guide is about how to transfer contacts from an old iPhone 4s/5/5s/6/6s to new iPhone 7. Read this guide to grab three ways.
Take a tour with AnyTrans so you can transfer everything to your new iPhone 7. Now follow this guide to learn 3 ways to sync contacts from old iPhone to new iPhone 7.
The new iPhone 7/7 Plus has doubled the internal storage and starts at 32GB, 128GB and 256GB, which means you can save more files to your iPhone as you need. Once you get a new iPhone 7, you will definitely want to transfer data from your old iPhone to it and then start your new journey. As one of the most important data, you will never leave your contacts behind.
Syncing contacts to your new iPhone 7 (Plus) is not a tough task, and in this guide, we will show you three common ways to transfer contacts from iPhone 4s/5/5s/6/6s/SE to iPhone 7.
Also Read: How to Add Music to New iPhone 7/7 Plus >
Part 1. How to Transfer Contacts to New iPhone 7 with AnyTrans
Firstly, we introduce you the most recommendable way to transfer contacts between two iPhones – with AnyTrans. It is an iPhone to iPhone Transfer for iPhone 4s/5/5s/5c/6/6s/SE and iPhone 7.
- Transfer contacts from old iPhone to iPhone 7 in clicks, and you can select single or multiple contacts to be transferred.
- Export contacts from iPhone 7 to computer as csv or vcf file.
- Edit contacts on computer directly.
- Massively delete contacts from iPhone 7 (Plus).
Step 1. Download AnyTrans onto PC or Mac. Launch it and connect with your old iPhone and iPhone 7.
Step 2. Go to the main page of your old iPhone by clicking its name, for example, your iPhone 6 > Click the button at the right hand or just scroll up and down to switch the display window.
How to Transfer Contacts to New iPhone 7 with AnyTrans – Step 2s
Step 3. Click on Contacts to enter the manage page.
How to Transfer Contacts to New iPhone 7 with AnyTrans – Step 3
Step 4. View and select contacts you want to transfer to iPhone 7 > Click the Send to Device button.
How to Transfer Contacts to New iPhone 7 with AnyTrans – Step 4
Part 2. How to Sync Contacts from iPhone to iPhone 7 with iCloud
If you share same iCloud account on both iPhones and want to sync contacts between your old iPhone and iPhone 7 with Wi-Fi connected, try this method. If you prefer to selectively transfer contacts to iPhone 7, go back to Part 1.
1. Make sure that you're logged into the same iCloud account on both iPhones and connected to Wi-Fi.
2. On your old iPhone: Settings > iCloud > Turn on Contact syncing.
3. On your new iPhone 7: Settings > iCloud > Enable Contact syncing.
4. Wait for few minutes and let your iPhone contacts syncing between two iPhones.
5. Then open Contacts on your new iPhone 7 to check if contacts have been synced to it.
Part 3. How to Sync Contacts to iPhone 7 by Restoring
If you not only want to transfer contacts from iPhone to iPhone 7, but also other types of data like messages, notes, photos, and more, you can try restoring your new iPhone 7 from an old backup. If you don't want to lose existing data on the target iPhone, try Part 1.
1. Back up your old iPhone:
Back up with iTunes on computer: Open iTunes and connect with your old iPhone > Click Device tab > Summary > Click Back Up Now.
Back up with iCloud on iPhone: Connect your old iPhone to Wi-Fi > Settings > iCloud > Backup > Back Up Now.
2. Restore your new iPhone 7:
Restore from iTunes: Connect your new iPhone 7 to computer and open iTunes > Click Device Tab > Summary > Restore iPhone… > Select the backup you just created.
Restore from iCloud: Open the setup screen of your iPhone 7 > Select language and country and choose whether to enable Location Services or not > Choose a Wi-Fi network too > On the Set Up iPhone screen, tap Restore from iCloud Backup and select the backup file of your old iPhone.
Besides contacts, you may also want to transfer notes, messages, photos, music and more from old iPhone to new iPhone 7. Learn how to transfer everything from old iPhone to new iPhone >
The Bottom Line
Comparing the above three methods, transferring contacts with AnyTrans is much flexible and quick than another two options. Why now download AnyTrans to have a try now?
What's Hot on iMobie
New iOS Data to iPhone Transfer Guidelines > iMobie Team·August 12
2016 Best iPhone Data Recovery Tools Review > Corrinla·August 27
2016 Best iPhone Backup Extractor Tools > Tom·August 16
How to Recover Deleted Text Messages iPhone > Corrinla·March 17
How to Transfer Photos from iPhone to PC > Kelly·August 06
More Related Articles You May Like
- How to Transfer Music from Computer to iPhone 7 - Read this post to learn how to do that with or without iTunes. Read more >>
- How to Transfer Music from Old iPhone to New iPhone 7 - Read this guide on how to transfer songs to new iPhone 7. Read more >>
- How to Transfer Text Messages from iPhone to iPhone 7 – Read to learn how to transfer messages from iPhone to iPhone 7. Read more >>
- How to Transfer Notes from iPod touch to iPhone 6/6s – Follow this guide to transfer notes from iPod touch to iPhone. Read more >>