How to Use SOS Emergency Feature in iOS 10.2 on iPhone
Want to know how to use the new feature in iOS 10.2 named Emergency SOS? Here we’re going to give detailed instructions about how to use Emergency SOS in iOS 10.2 on iPhone.
Get PhoneRescue – iOS data recovery downloaded and installed to your computer to recover your iOS data in a more flexible and reliable way.
This guide gives detailed instructions about how to use Emergency SOS in iOS 10.2 on iPhone. If you are stuck on some iPhone iPad update problem when upgrading to the latest iOS 11, please check this guide: Most Common iOS 11 Problems and Fixes >, and then make a smooth upgrade.
iOS 10.2 has brought an amazing feature called “Emergency SOS” (first debuted in WatchOS 3) on iPhone these days, which allows calling emergency service in your area by clicking On/Off button three/five times without taking your iPhone out of your pocket. Then your iPhone will play a warning sound after being activated and give three seconds of countdown that permits you to stop the call.
Regarded as a life-saving function to help people out when they are in trouble or dangerous situation, Emergency SOS currently works in Brazil, Canada, Australia, Belgium, China mainland, Hong Kong, France, India, Italy, Russia, Spain, Japan, the United Kingdom and the United States. Now let’s walk through the steps to use Emergency SOS in iOS 10.2 on iPhone.
Also Read: How to Fix Common iOS 10.2 Problems
How to Use Emergency SOS in iOS 10.2 on iPhone
Before Start: You need to turn on Location Service to allow Emergency SOS to determine your location and make sure that you’ve installed iOS 10.2 on iPhone.
Step 1. Go to Settings App in your iPhone from Home Screen.
Step 2. Tap on General > choose Emergency SOS.
Step 3. Turn Click Sleep/Wake to Auto Call on/green. And you can also set the click time to Five Times or Three Times as you want.
Use Emergency SOS in iOS 10.2 on iPhone
1. You have a chance to stop the call if you accidentally triggered the SOS on your iPhone, cause it will give a three-second countdown.
2. If you don’t want to play a warning sound while SOS is counting down, just go to Settings > General > Emergency SOS > turn Countdown Sound Off/grey.
3. What if you want to turning off Emergency SOS in iOS 10.2 on iPhone? Setting > General > Emergency SOS > turn Click Sleep/Wake to Auto Call Off/grey.
4. iPhone also allows you to put emergency contacts to iPhone Lock Screen, for detailed steps, please refer to How to Put Emergency Contacts to iPhone Lock Screen >
There are chances that you may lose some important data after updating to iOS 10.2. At this time, a comprehensive iPhone data recovery tool like PhoneRescue – iOS data recovery is what you need. It’s able to retrieve your lost data from iPhone directly, from iTunes backup and from iCloud backup. What’s more, it won’t cause any original data erasing during the process. For detailed steps, please refer to: How to Retrieve Deleted Data on iDevice with PhoneRescue >
Recover iPhone Data with PhoneRescue
The Bottom Line
Now you’ve basically known everything about Emergency SOS in iOS 10.2 on iPhone after reading this tip. After updating to the latest iOS version, you may meet some problems and you can click here to get some solutions. If you lost some data on your iPhone, you can download PhoneRescue – iOS data recovery to get your valued data back.
What's Hot on iMobie
More Related Articles You May Like
- How to Fix Bluetooth Issues on iOS 10.2/10.1 – Read this guide to get some solutions to fix common Bluetooth issues on iOS 10. Read more >>
- How to Recover Deleted LINE Messages from iPhone 7/6s/6 – This tip offers a useful method to get lost LINE messages back. Read more>>
- How to Recover Deleted Photos from iPhone 7/7 Plus – It will introduce how to retrieve deleted photos from iPhone 7 with ease. Read more >>
- How to Recover Deleted Contacts from iPhone without Backup – Follow this article to get your contacts back even without backup. Read more>>