Measure app is a new feature brought by iOS 12. If you have no idea what is it or how to use it, just read this guide to get the details about it.
Recently, Apple has released the latest version of iOS 12. Every time when the new iOS version or product is released, it will make a splash in Apple fans, so does the iOS 12. The new impressed features of iOS 12 obviously tell us the truth that the Apple has invested enormous time and energy in serious efforts to improve the performance of the iOS device.
Among these new features, one that impresses the iOS users most is the Measure App, which uses augmented reality on the camera to measure objects in real life. Sounds amazing, right? In this guide, we are going to talk about what is Measure App and how does it work.
The measure, namely, means to find out the size, length, quality, or rate of something using a suitable instrument or device. In terms of our common sense, this instrument is usually a ruler, speedometer or the real measurement instrument. But with the development of technology, we can measure the length and height with an app in the palm of our hand. This app is called Measure app, brought by the latest iOS 12, is capable of recognizing lines and shapes at various distances. The outcomes measured by Measure app can be used to calculate surface area and various measurements. Moreover, you can change measurements between inches and centimeters with the app.
It is really convenient for people who want to measure something but without any measuring instrument around them. If you have no idea how to use it, you can refer to the following tutorial. But before we start, something should be noted is that this Measure app is found not to be super accurate. It’s more of a tool to roughly know how big or small the object is, therefore, it can not be used to work for the job that has a strict requirement of accuracy. After making a brief instruction of the Measure App, now you can follow us to learn how to use it.
Measuring different shapes of objects needs different steps. Therefore, based on the shapes of the objects, here we will teach you how to measure the distance between two points and how to measure rectangles respectively.
Steps to Measure the Distance Between Two Points
1. Open your iPhone > Update it to iOS 12 > Find out the Measure App > Open it.
2. Now, your screen will get into a camera view showing whatever in front of your iPhone. And you can follow the on-screen instructions to move your iPhone to start.
3. Once you see a white circle with a white dot inside, just move it to the first point you want to measure and tap the + to start.
4. Then, just move your iPhone to the place where you’d like to end measuring, you will see a measurement value appears while moving your iPhone. Then tap the + sign to complete the measurement of the line.
5. After measuring, you can snap a photo of the results by tapping the shutter button in the bottom in the right corner. Also, you are allowed to erase your results by tapping the Clear button in the top right corner of the app.
Steps to Measure the Rectangles
If you have an object which is a neat rectangle, the Measure app will detect it automatically.
1. You just need to move the white point over the object and then you will see it gets highlighted in orange.
2. Tap the orange rectangle on the iPhone screen, and then the dimensions will be shown at once.
If it failed to get highlighted in orange, it’s possible that the object’s edge is not clear enough. At that time, you need to tap the corner manually to help Measure app to detect the object. In addition, the Measure app now only supports measuring 2D rectangles.
By the way, if you want to change the measurement units, you can go to Settings > Measure > Measure Units to set it.
Have you got the point about how to use the Measure app in iOS 12? We hope you have made it. It is simple and easy for you to conduct. If you have any other questions about iOS 12 problems, just leave your issues in the comment section, and we will try our best to help you out.
Product-related questions? Contact Our Support Team to Get Quick Solution >