How to Fix iCloud Email on Android Authentication Failed
How to fix iCloud email on Android authentication failed? If this problem troubles you, please read this article, it shows you two ways to fix iCloud email on Android authentication failed.
After fixing iCloud email on Android phone authentication failed issue, get to know this powerful iCloud content manager - AnyTrans capable of helping you merging iCloud accounts into one.
If you find yourself fail to authenticate iCloud email on Android phone, then you are not alone! These days, lots of iCloud mail authentication on Android phone failure issues are reported. Luckily, it is no longer a concern now! After many tests, we worked out a few possible solutions, hopefully those solutions could also work for you.
Solution 1. Disable Two-Step Verification
Two-step verification is a security feature for Apple ID that's designed to prevent anyone else from accessing or using your iCloud account. However, it might cause the failure of iCloud email account authentication on Android phones, so turning off two-step authentication is helpful to solve iCloud email on Android phone authentication failed issue. For detailed steps to turn off two-step authentication, please keep reading.
Step 1. Log in your iCloud account on Apple ID account page, in the Security section, click Edit.
Step 2. Click Turn Off two-step verification, then create new security questions and verify your date of birth, you will soon get an email confirming that two-step verification is off.
Solution 2. Manual Configure iCloud Mail on Android
Before configuring iCloud mail on Android, there are something you should know: iCloud email relies on the IMAP and SWTP protocols for sending and receiving email, that's to say, if your Android phone are incompatible with either protocol, then there is no way to authenticate iCloud email on it. Although most of Android phones support them, simply searching on Google before configuring iCloud Mail on Android would prevent you from many troubles.
Below are detailed steps of configuring iCloud mail on Android phones.
Step 1. Go to settings on Android Phone, Account > Add Account > Email.
Step 2. Fill your email address and password, then click Manual Setup.
Step 3. Choose IMAP and fill "p07-imap.mail.me.com" or "p01-imap.mail.me.com, select Port 993, Security Type: SSL.
Step 4. In the next page, entering these values: SMTP Server: smtp.me.com, Port: 587, Security Type: TLS. Then check the box of " Require Sign In" and provide your users' name and password. Note that don't input your full email ID, for example, just input iMobie for email address: iMobie@me.com.
You should now be able to enjoy iCloud email on your Android phone now! Please check your IMAP server as iCoud may have assigned the different servers to different email IDs.
Bonus Tip: How to Merge Two iCloud Accounts into One
iCloud provides its users a great place to store data and keeps every iDevices and Mac computers synced. It does provide great convenience for its users, however, there are also complains about the difficulties and insecurity while merging two iCloud accounts into one from some multiple iCloud account users. To merge two iCloud accounts into one, the traditional way is syncing iCloud data to an iDevice, then syncing those data to another iCloud account. What a tricky going! If you need a secure and efficient way, AnyTrans is definitely your best choice.
1. Immediacy. AnyTrans transfers data between iCloud accounts directly thus there would be no unnecessary sync.
2. Efficiency. AnyTrans always transfers data in high speed. It would only take AnyTrans 5 minutes to transfer a few Gigabytes of data.
3. Easy operation. AnyTrans is simply-designed so that even green hands could operate it well.
4. High security. AnyTrans is developed by Apple trusted developer thus there are no potential risks of information leakage.
5. Free of charge. It is free to use AnyTrans to merge iCloud accounts into one.
Overview of AnyTrans
For detailed steps, please refer to: How to Merge Two iCloud Accounts into One >
The Bottom Line
That's all for how to fix iCloud email authentication failed on Android phones and the introduction of a powerful iCloud content manager capable of merging two iCloud account into one. If you have any questions about this article or AnyTrans, please let us know by email or leaving comments below. By the way, don't forget to try AnyTrans! Own it and you will find merging iCloud accounts into one is easier than ever.
What's Hot on iMobie
More Related Articles You May Like
- How to Fix iCloud Connection Error – This post shows you how to fix iCloud connection error. Read More >>
- How to Sync iPhone Calendar to Another iPhone – Read this guide and get to know how to sync iPhone calendars to another iPhone. Read More >>
- How to Transfer Files to iCloud – This article introduces you how to transfer files to iCloud. Read More >>
- How to Transfer Contacts from PC to iCloud – This tutorial tells you how to transfer contacts from PC to iCloud. Read More >>