What is iCloud Keychain
With iCloud Keychain on your iOS devices or Macs, you can keep the passwords, credit card numbers and more personal information encrypted and cannot be read by Apple. Read on the following contents to figure it out easily.
Simply download PhoneRescue – iOS data recovery on your Mac/PC and then recover the content you need from iOS devices with 3 simple methods before reading this page.
iCloud Keychain Overview
iCloud Keychain is a password management system and available on OS X and iOS. It was announced at the 2013 Apple Worldwide Developers Conference (WWDC) and released as part of iOS 7 and OS X Mavericks (version 10.9). iCloud Keychain helps Apple users to keep their various passwords, credit card information up to date on the devices they approve. Their information is encrypted and cannot be read by Apple.
How Set Up iCloud Keychain
- Set up iCloud Keychain. Go to Settings > Tap on iCloud > Keychain > Tap on iCloud Keychain > Select Use Passcode or Create Different Code > Enter your iPhone number so that can receive SMS messages (Learn: how to transfer text messages from iPhone to iPhone 7). The number will be used to verity your identity while using iCloud Security Code.
- Approve a Device. Once the first device is set up, move on to the next one. Enabling iCloud Keychain works the same way, except that after entering your Apple ID password, you’ll be prompted to choose a method to approve access:
- Use iCloud Security Code (iOS): Enter the security code you selected when you set up your first device. You may also have to enter a verification number sent via SMS to the iPhone.
- Request Approval (iOS): Tap or click this button, and a notification will appear on all your other devices that have iCloud Keychain enabled with the same account.
Tips to fix iCloud Keychain won't Work
- If you can’t receive the verification via SMS messages on your iPhone, make sure that your iPhone can get messages (Learn: how to transfer messages from iPhone to iPhone directly) and then check the phone number you have entered is correct: tap Settings > iCloud > Keychain > Advanced.
- If you can't set up iCloud Keychain on a new device, make sure that your new device is using the latest iOS 10, and then make sure you have a strong cellular network connection.
- If you can't view the passwords stored in iCloud Keychain, go to Setting on your iDevice in iOS 9 or later > Safari > Passwords > Use Touch ID or enter your device passcode > Tap a website to view your password.
- If Safari (Learn: how to recover deleted safari history on iPhone) isn't asking to save account names and passwords, even though iCloud Keychain is on, Tap Settings on your iDevice in iOS 9 or later > Safari > AutoFill > Turn on Names and Passwords > Press the Home button and open Safari (If Safari is black or dark instead of white or gray, turn off Private Browsing. Because Safari doesn't save account names and passwords when Private Browsing is on).
- If you don't see your iCloud Keychain items after restoring your iOS device from an iCloud Backup. iCloud Keychain items aren't part of iCloud Backup. To get iCloud Keychain items, tap Settings > iCloud and turn iCloud Keychain on.
What's Hot on iMobie
Related Articles You may be Interested
- How to Share Your iTunes Library In 3 Simple Methods – This guide will show you how to share iTunes Library easily. Read More >>
- Magic iPhone Tip - How to Undo Typing on Your iPhone – It is a fantastic trick to undo typing on your iPhone iPad. Read More >>
- How to Transfer Playlist from iTunes to iPhone – Here you will transfer playlist from iTunes to iPhone in a quick way. Read More >>
- 2016 Top iPhone Data Recovery Software – Here you will get several top iPhone data recovery tools to help you recover data on your iPhone. Read More >>