Just got a new iPhone but don't know how to import SIM contacts to it? Here in this post, we will show you detailed steps to import contacts from SIM card to iPhone 7/8/8 Plus/X.
AnyTrans now could help you transfer contents like contacts, messages, music from Android to iPhone. Why not download it now and use it to transfer contacts from Android to iPhone directly?
Each year, millions of people abandon their Android phone and upgrade to new iPhone. This year would not be an exception. If you just got a new iPhone 7/8/8 Plus/X, after activating it, you may want to transfer your important data from Android to iPhone, like contacts.
As for transferring contacts from Android to new iPhone, you can first import contacts on Android phone to SIM card and then import contacts from SIM card to iPhone. Since many of you might have known how to import contacts on Android phone to SIM card, here in this post, we'd only talk about how to import SIM contacts to iPhone 7/8/8 Plus/X. Please note that this method also work for other models of iPhone, like iPhone 6s/6/5s/SE.
Can't Miss: How to Export Contacts from iPhone to SIM Card >
How to Import Contacts from SIM Card to iPhone 7/8/8 Plus/X
To import contacts from SIM card to iPhone 7/8/8 Plus/X, you will need an Apple SIM card remover or a small straighten paper clip.
Step 1. Each iPhone has a SIM tray. Gently insert the straighten paper clip or the SIM card remover. Apply a small amount of pressure until the SIM tray pops out. Insert your SIM card and then put the SIM card tray back.
Step 2. Go to Settings > Contacts, then select Import SIM Contacts. iPhone would start to import contacts from SIM card. Please do remember to check if all your SIM contacts are imported to iPhone a few minutes later.
Bonus Tip: How to Directly Transfer Contacts from Android to iPhone for Free
As you can see, it is not hard to import SIM contacts to iPhone, however, in some cases, iPhone could not import all SIM contacts, or even worse, iPhone does not import any single contact from SIM card. If that is what you are encountering, why not try to import contacts directly from Android to iPhone with this free app - AnyTrans.
AnyTrans, developed by iMobie team, wins much admiration as an iPhone data transfer tool for its great features like transferring data from iPhone to new iPhone, transferring iTunes library contents to new iPhone. Now, to help Android users make a smooth change from Android to iPhone, Content to iOS feature was added. Here are reasons why you would need AnyTrans when importing SIM contacts to iPhone doesn't work.
● Complete Transmission. Unlike importing contacts from SIM card to iPhone, Contents to iOS feature in AnyTrans makes sure that none of your contacts would be left behind. On the contrary, if you don't want to transfer all contacts, you are given the option to selectively transfer contacts from Android to iPhone.
● Information Security. AnyTrans takes priority of your data safety. We can assure you that no data loss or information leakage would occur while using AnyTrans to transfer data from Android to iOS.
● Fast Transfer Speed. Most of Android to iOS transfer tools would take lots of time to finish the whole data transferring process for the differences between Android and iPhone operation system. With AnyTrans, hundreds of contacts can be successfully transferred to iPhone within a few minutes, saving you lots of time.
● Free of Charge. It is absolutely free to use Content to iOS feature.
Why not follow us and take a look on how to use AnyTrans to transfer contacts from Android to iPhone?
Step 1. Free download AnyTrans to your computer (PC/Mac) and launch it. Connect your Android phone and iPhone to computer. (Take Google phone as an example)
Step 2. Click the To iOS button, scroll down or click button to go to the category management page, then select Contacts.
Step 3. AnyTrans would automatically regard your Android phone as source device and iPhone as target device. Select the contacts on Android phone, (the shortcut key "Select All" allows you to select all contacts in one click) Tap on To iOS button. Your contacts on Android phone would be automatically transferred to iPhone.
You may also have stored some data on your computer, AnyTrans can also lend a helping hand for you to transfer data from computer to iPhone.
The Bottom Line
That's all for how to import contacts from SIM card to iPhone and the introduction of a free Android to iOS data transfer tool. AnyTrans, with its powerful features, is surely worth to have. Download And Have A Try. After made a change to new iPhone, you might need to do some maintenance so that your new iPhone can work like new. Here we also prepared some iPhone maintenance tips, please visit this page to know more. By the way, if you find this guide helpful, we'd appreciate if you can subscribe or share it with others.
More Upgrade to iPhone 8/X Related Articles:
- A Complete Guide to Upgrade to New iPhone 8/X >
- How to Back Up Old iPhone 4s/5s/6/6s/7/SE >
- How to Set Up and Activate New iPhone 8/X >
- How to Transfer Data from Old iPhone to New iPhone 8/X >
- How to Transfer Data/Files from Android to New iPhone 8/X >
- How to Transfer Files from Computer to New iPhone 8/X >
- How to Sync iTunes Library with New iPhone 8/X >
- How to Restore iPhone 8/X from iCloud Backup >
- How to Restore iPhone from iTunes Backup >
- How to Speed Up iPhone to Make It Run Faster >
- How to Save Battery Life on iPhone 8/X >
- How to Spare More Available Storage on iPhone 8/X >