How to Fix iPhone Contacts Disappeared after iOS 9 or iOS 10 Update
iPhone contacts disappeared accidentally after iOS 9/10/10.1 update? This post gives your 4 tips to get back missing contacts on iPhone.
Download AnyTrans to view whether there are some disappeared iPhone contacts on your iTunes backup and iCloud backup after reading this post.
"My iPhone contacts disappeared after iOS 10 update. I can check all contacts are in my iCloud at iCloud.com, but not appear in my iPhone 6. How can I get back them?" - one iPhone user said recently after installing iOS 10 final version.
You might have found that all of your contacts disappeared from your iPhone after you install new iOS 10 or upcoming iOS updates, such as iOS 10.0.2 and iOS 10.1, on your iPhone. Actually, it’s one of common iOS problems you may meet after you update to new iOS operating system, no matter iOS 7/8/9 or iOS 10. In this post, we tell you some basic tips that you can have a try to retrieve your disappeared contacts from your iPhone, suitable for most of iPhone models, including iPhone 7/SE/6/6s and iPhone 5/5s/5c/4/4s.
Also Read: How to Recover Contacts from Broken iPhone >
4 Tips to Get Back Disappeared Contacts on iPhone
1. Check whether your contacts are stored in iCloud by login iCloud.com. If you make sure all of them are there, just try the tips below.
Unlock iPhone, go to Setting > iCloud, check whether the account you are logging in is correct, and make sure you have turn on the item "Contacts".
If the item is turned on and you have logged in with the correct account, you can try toggle "Contact" off and then on again. If it ask you to delete contacts on iPhone, just do it because you have backed up contacts to iCloud.
You May Like: How to Access iCloud Contacts
2. A Restart or Force Restart may be helpful.
You can try to restart your iPhone by turning off and on your device. Or force restart your iPhone by holding on both "Home" and "Power" buttons for a few seconds and then turn on your device, which some users said helpful to get back the disappeared contacts from iPhone after iOS 9 update.
3. Restore your iPhone with iTunes/iCloud backup.
If you’re used to backing up iPhone with iTunes, there is much chance that you’ll get back lost contacts by simply restoring from backup. If you are not sure about whether your iPhone backup contains the contacts you are searching, you can use AnyTrans, which in this post can be called an iPhone backup viewer. After downloading it, you can easily access iPhone backup and extract contacts from backup.
4. Use third-part software to get back disappeared contacts without backup.
Sometimes when contacts disappeared form your iPhone and you have no iPhone backup, you can try to retrieve lost contacts directly from iPhone by using some iPhone data recovery tool. Take PhoneRescue for example, it can scan your iPhone and search whether there are some contacts that you can recover. And if there are, you can preview the detail and extract contacts as VCF or CSV.
Related Tutorial: Recover Deleted Contacts iPhone
The Bottom Line
You are welcomed to share your idea about how to fix iPhone contacts disappeared problem on the comment section below. And of course, you can also discuss your iOS 10 problems here.
What's Hot on iMobie
New iOS Data to iPhone Transfer Guidelines > iMobie Team·August 12
2016 Best iPhone Data Recovery Tools Review > Corrinla·August 27
2016 Best iPhone Backup Extractor Tools > Tom·August 16
How to Recover Deleted Text Messages iPhone > Corrinla·March 17
How to Transfer Photos from iPhone to PC > Kelly·August 06
More Related Articles You May Like
- The Most Common iOS 9 Update Problems and Solutions – This guide tells you some iOS update problems you may meet. Read More >>
- FIx iPhone Cannot Be Synced with iTunes After iOS Update – If you meet some iTunes sync problems, this post may be helpful. Read More >>
- How to Fix iPhone Text Messages Disappeared Problem – This tutorial offers you AnyTrans to get back disappeared iPhone messages. Read More >>
- How to Recover Deleted Contacts from iPhone – This guide shows you how to easily get back deleted contacts from your iPhone. Read More >>