How to Prevent Your iPhone or iPad from Virus Scams & Remove it
Are you still puzzled by the unexpected popups or unsolicited webpage? Looking for a reliable & safe way to get rid of those iPhone/iPad virus scams? Read this post to prevent your iPhone/iPad from virus scams easily.
This powerful iOS cleaning tool will provide you the most intensive and solid protection on your iPhone/iPad. Also, it can help you clean all junk files on your iPhone/iPad. Have a try to free up and speed up your iPhone/iPad now.
I was on safari looking at road bike accessories when a pop up came up and told me that a virus corrupted my phone making pictures, banking and social media functions compromised and I need to call a number claiming Apple Support to fix the problem.
-- A User from Apple Communities
Like above user, if you received a message saying that your iPhone was infected a virus and you have to call the number in the message for Apple support, then you got a virus scam.
Actually, in recent day, many similar virus scams are appearing on iPhone/iPad. Those iPhone/iPad virus scams are intended to defraud users to pay them money. So, Your iPhone or iPad is not infected with anything. Just leave the popup alone and don’t call any numbers appear in the message. And below we will share you the detailed steps to quick solve the issue.
How to Prevent Your iPhone or iPad from Virus Scams
Step 1. Double-clicking the Home button > Find Safari or other web browser the popup showing > Swipe that image up and away to terminate it.
Step 2. Go to Settings > Tap Safari > Scroll down to bottom of the screen > Tap Clear History and Website Data. You will need to "sign in" again to the website for authentication after you clearing the website data.
How to Prevent Your iPhone or iPad from Virus Scams – Step 2
However, it is worth mentioning that those virus scams are easily created, simple to distribute and being disguised in different forms every day. So, those popups may reappear again after you clearing history and website data with above solution.
If you want to prevent your iPhone/iPad from bothering by those dangerous virus scams, you should use cleaning tool to help you clean the browsing histories and website data completely. And here we would like to recommend you PhoneClean to complete the job.
How to Clean Browsing History and Website Data on iPhone/iPad Completely
As one of the best cleaning tool for iOS devices, PhoneClean will help you clean all junk files generated by Safari, browsing and webmail on your iPhone/iPad, such as Safari cookies, Safari histories, Safari caches, browsing histories and Webmail Caches. Now, let’s check it.
Step 1. Download PhoneClean on your computer and connect your iPhone or iPad to the computer > Go to Internet Clean mode, choose the device you want to clean > Click Scan button. PhoneClean supports multi-devices connection.
How to Clean Browsing History and Website Data on iPhone/iPad Completely – Step 1
Step 2. When the scan completes, click Review Details to view all scanned files before cleaning.
How to Clean Browsing History and Website Data on iPhone/iPad Completely – Step 2
Step 3. Choose the file types that you want to clean by checking the box in front of it. You can also uncheck the box if you don't want to clean the file > Go back to the previous page by clicking the button.
How to Clean Browsing History and Website Data on iPhone/iPad Completely – Step 3
Step 4. Click Clean button to clean the files you choose.
How to Clean Browsing History and Website Data on iPhone/iPad Completely – Step 4
1. To ensure a smooth cleaning process, keep your device connected to the computer until the whole process completes.
2. It will back up your data automatically before cleaning the files in case you deleted some data by accident. If you need, you can find them back from backups. .
3. It also brings you the most complete and in-depth privacy protection to maintain your iPhone privacy and protect your iPhone from prying eyes. Just try it by yourself now >
The Bottom Line
Remember that any and all the web browser popups come up on your iPhone/iPad are virus scams. Whatever you do, never call any number that received in the messages. Finally, to prevent virus scams from appearing again, try PhoneClean to clean the browsing histories and website data on your iPhone/iPad completely. Get more from PhoneClean >
More Related Articles You May Like
- How to Fix "iCloud Music Library Cannot be Enabled" – Follow this post to fix "iCloud Music Library Cannot be Enabled" easily. Read More >>
- How to Manage iCloud Storage on iPhone/iPad/iPod – Read this guide to see how to manage your iCloud storage on iPhone/iPad/iPod. Read More >>
- How to Reset iCloud Password via 3 Simple Ways – This tip will show you three simple methods to reset iCloud password. Read More >>
- How to Recover iTunes Backup Password with Great Ease – Follow this article to recover your iTunes backup password with ease. Read More >>