How to Fix New iOS Update Problems
Apple typically releases the major update once a year that coincides with the new iPhone hardware. The new update of OS is always eagerly anticipated by the world, and every big update gives users a lot of new features, enhancements, and new default apps.
However, new updates always come with new problems. Whenever a new update for OS rolls out, it generally brings some serious bugs, as well as some new problems. From the first release of iOS 8 to the latest iOS 8.4, every update seems to be both a blessing and curse for some Apple users, and they have begun to flood Apple's online support forums to voice their complaints and problems.
iOS update problems various from different users, and there are some common new iOS update problems like upgrade package is huge, iDevice is running slow after update, battery drains fast, or Wi-Fi or Cellular can't work etc. Here we will talk about the common iOS problems you may meet and provide you with some possible fixes.
Part 1. Common iOS 8 Update Problems: How to Fix It
It has been nearly one year since the first release of iOS 8, the biggest problem of iOS 8 is the update package problem which requires at least 5 GB free storage space OTA (over the air), many 16/8 GB iPhone users have to delete almost photos, apps, videos from the device to free up enough space. The following updates (iOS 8.1- iOS 8.4) fixed some previous problems, but also bring some new issues. Here is a list of iOS 8 problems you may meet, check out it and then refer to The Most Common iOS 8 Update Problems and Solutions to get the detailed fixes.
- Don't Have Enough Free Space to Upgrade iOS 8
- Get Stuck during iOS 8 Download and Installation
- Data Loss After Updating to iOS 8
- Stuck on Apple Logo
- Backup Problem in iOS 8
- Frozen, Slow Touchscreen or Keyboard
- Apps Crash or Won't Load
- Can't Send and Receive Text Messages
- iPhone Won't Turn on After iOS 8 Update
- Charger or Cable Won't Work
- An Error Occurred While Downloading iOS 8
- iOS Wi-Fi and Bluetooth Connectivity Problems
- Stuck on iTunes Logo
- Long Download Time of iOS 8
- Slow iPhone on iOS 8
- iOS 8 Drains the Battery Too Fast
- How to Turn QuickType Text on and off
- How to Add Third-party Keyboard
- How to Send Voice Messages in Messages App
- How to Silence a Group Chat in Messages
- Continuity Calling or Handoff not Working
- Spotlight Suggestions Doesn't Work After iOS 8 Update
- Sound not Working After Updating to iOS 8
- Can't Make Calls After iOS 8 Upgrade
- How to Make iPhone 4s Perform Better on iOS 8
- How to Fix iOS 8.2 Cellular Data Problem
- iOS 8.3 Touch ID not working in App Store
Part 2. The Next OS Update: Possible iOS 9 Problems and Solutions
iOS 9 will be the next update for Apple iOS in this fall. There are new features, new apps, and a bunch of improvements, including the ability to perform multitasking on iPad, an improved Note app, more intelligent Siri, a new iCloud Drive app, and some other cool hidden features.
On the basis of past iOS 8 update experience, no one dares to promise there won't be any problems or bugs after downloading iOS 9 on your iPhone or iPad. To get well prepared for iOS 9 update, it is necessary to check the Possible iOS 9 Problems and Fixes. Here is a list for iOS 9 update problems you may meet:
- Software Update Failed Error Messages
- Don't Have Enough Space for Downloading iOS 9
- Stuck on Apple Logo During iOS 9 Update
- Cellular Data Doesn't Work
- iPhone Stuck on Verifying Update
- Stuck in Recovery Mode/iTunes Logo
- Wi-Fi Issues
- Bluetooth Problems
- iOS 9 is Running Slow on Old iPhone iPad
- iOS 9 Battery Life Issues
- Data Loss After iOS 9 Upgrade
- iMessages Failing to Send on iOS 9
The bugs and issues caused by new OS update is always a big complaint among Apple users. Besides that, many people also feel uncomfortable with iTunes and iCloud, and want to find some alternatives to sync data.
Have you updated your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch to new iOS and are experiencing issues or bugs with the update? Have you found any fixes for the issues? Please share with us in the comments below.