How to Remove Geotags of Photos on iPhone
Have you ever noticed that the iPhone camera app stores the exact GPS location with each photo that you take? This article will give you solutions about how to remove those geotags from photos on iPhone.
Download PhoneClean before try it out. It is your best iPhone cleaner to prevent privacy leaks with its excellent cleaning performance.
Are you a hobbyist of iPhone camera app? Did you often post your photos taken by iPhone on Facebook or Twitter? If your answer is "YES", you are highly recommended to carefully follow the tutorial below.
Did you know that the iPhone camera app stores the exact GPS location with each photo that you take? The storage of location based data, in the form of Latitude and Longitude in side of images is called Geotagging; essentially tagging your photograph with geographic location.
While Geotag metadata is invisible, not editable and is sent along with each photo you take and post to the web, which will totally compromise your location privacy.
Now that you've got a clear idea of the relation between privacy and geotags of iPhone photos, are you wondering how to remove the embedded geotags before sharing photos on the web or with friends? So let's take a look at how to remove geotags from photos on iPhone.
The easiest way to prevent revealing your privacy info for all to see is to remove geotags from photos on your iPhone. Thankfully, Apple greatly simplified the way to turn off location service.
- Go to Settings
- Select General > Reset > Reset Location & Privacy
- Launch the Camera App, and Select "Don't Allow" when prompted
Settings > Privacy > Location Services > Camera > Off
If you really want to protect your privacy from prying eyes, simply removing geotag from photos is just a modest step. No worry! You just need third-party software called PhoneClean, an an ultimate iOS cleaning tool that gives promises of privacy security for your iPhone iPad. You are welcome to the Guide for how to protect privacy with PhoneClean here.
Have any questions that aren't addressed here? Please visit our support center for PhoneClean FAQ or put your ideas in the comments section.
What's Hot on iMobie
More Related Articles You May Like
- Transfer EPUB PDF Files to iPad - A New Way about How to Transfer EPUB PDF Files to iPad. Read more >>
- Transfer Windows Media Player Music to/from iTunes - Want to change your media library from Windows Media Player to iTunes? Read more >>
- Browsing iPhone File System - How to use PhoneBrowse, which is made for browsing iPhone file system. Read more >>
- Free iPhone File Transfer - Looking for a way to free transfer files onto iPhone 4s, iPhone 4 and iPhone 3GS? Read more >>