How to Remove Safari Plugins or Extensions on Mac in 2 Ways
Want to remove Safari extensions or plugins on a Mac? Get two quick solutions after reading on this guide about how to uninstall Safari extensions on Mac.
MacClean is a Mac cleaning and optimizing tool that make your Mac clean and light. Free download it to have a try after reading this guide on how to uninstall Safari extensions or plugins.
Every Mac comes with a Safari browser which offers users a wide range of extensions, or plugins to customize their Internet experience. However, have you ever installed an extension or plugin only to wish you hadn't? Or found out that it just not the one you need?
In this tutorial, we give you two options to remove extensions or plugins in Safari on your Mac.
You May Like: How to Clean Search History on Mac >
Method 1. How to Remove Safari Extensions or Plugins with MacClean
MacClean is a best Mac cleaning & maintenance utility made to optimize your Mac. It helps manage all plugins, extensions, and add-ons on Mac all in one place.
- It is capable of enabling, disabling and removing Safari plugins, Chrome plugins, Spotlight plugins, Login plugins, Internet plugins, Preference panes, etc.
- It cleans up various types of junk files from Mac, including Internet junks (cookies, caches, browsing history, download history in Safari, Chrome, Firefox, and Opera), system junks, development junks, user junks, and app leftovers.
- It keeps your Mac safe by removing malicious cookies and any other viruses.
- It provides you 9 utilities like extension manager, old & large file finder, duplicates finder, file eraser, iPhoto cleaner, language cleaner, etc.
Also Read: How to Remove Duplicate Files on Mac >
Step 1. Free download & install MacClean on your Mac computer. Open it, and select Optimization Tools and then choose Extension Manager.
Remove Safari Plugins with MacClean – Step 1
Step 2. Choose Safari Plugins, and find the item you want to delete and click Remove.
How to Remove Safari Plugins with MacClean – Step 2
Don’t Miss: How to Delete iMessages on Mac Permanently >
Method 2. Remove Safari Extensions from Safari Browser
Step 1. Open Safari on your Mac, select the Safari dropdown menu and click the Preferences button.
Remove Safari Extensions from Safari Browser – Step 1
Step 2. Choose Extensions, and find the plugins you want to remove, click the Uninstall button.
Remove Safari Extensions from Safari Browser – Step 2
You May Like:
The Bottom Line
Besides extension management, MacClean also helps you clean up junk files, remove useless files, clean iPhoto, etc. It is the best way to optimize your Mac, why not download it to have try now?
Top Posts on Cleanup and Speed Up Mac Computer
2017 Top 4 Mac Cleaners for Mac Computer > Joy. May 26th, 2017
How to Delete iMessages on Mac Permanently > Joy. May 23rd, 2017
Why is My Mac So Slow And Speed It Up > Joy. May 23rd, 2017
3 Methods to Clear Cache on Mac >Joy. June 14th, 2016
8 Tips to Free Up Space on Mac > Joy. July 12nd, 2017
How to Optimize Your Mac to Make It Faster > Joy. Sept 28th, 2016
Find & Delete Temporary Files on Mac > Joy. March 28th, 2016
More Related Articles You May Like
- How to Find & Delete Large Files on Mac - This guide shows you how to find and delete big files on Mac. Read more>>
- How to Uninstall Apps on Mac - If you want to know how to uninstall apps on your Mac, you can get the answer here. Read more >>
- How to Permanently Delete Files on Mac - This guide will provide you a simple & safe way to permanently delete files on Mac. Read more>>
- How to Clean up iPhoto Library - Read this post to learn a fast solution to clean up iPhoto on your Mac. Read more >>