How to Restore iPhone Apps from iTunes Backup with Ease
How to restore apps from iTunes backup? If this problem troubles you, please read this article, it shows you the way to restore iPhone apps from iTunes backup.
Read this post to know how to restore apps from iTunes backup and one powerful tool - AnyTrans capable of helping you selectively transferring app data between iDevices.
iTunes is a media player and a channel for users to buy music or films etc., and iTunes can also be used to backup and restore iDevice data, including app data. If you happen to mistakenly delete apps or just make a change to new iPhone, don't worry, you can restore iPhone apps from iTunes backup. Below are detailed steps.
How to Restore iPhone Apps from iTunes Backup
Step 1. Plug in your new iPhone to computer with iTunes installed, launch iTunes if iTunes doesn't pop out automatically.
Step 2. Click the iDevice tab on your left, then click Summary > Restore Backup.
How to Restore iPhone Apps from iTunes Backup - Step 2
Step 3. Select one backup, click Restore.
How to Restore iPhone Apps from iTunes Backup - Step 3
Step 4. iTunes can backup apps data but not Apps themselves, thus after restoring, you might need to download the same apps from iTunes Store, then you are able to use the apps like in old iPhone.
Please be aware that redownloading paid apps is free if you log in the same account with which you bought Apps.
Bonus Tip: How to Transfer App Data Between iDevices
When it comes to transfer app data between iDevices, doing backups with iTunes/iCloud then restoring is a nice way. However, that may involve unnecessary restoring for iTunes/iCloud would only restore iDevice with a whole backup. What's more, either iCloud/iTunes can backup all app data, that is to say it is impossible to transfer all app data to new iPhone with iTunes/iCloud. Therefore, you might need a professional iOS data transfer - AnyTrans.
1. AnyTrans supports selectively transferring data from old iPhone to new iPhone.
2. AnyTrans would not cause any data loss while transferring app data between iDevices.
3. AnyTrans is developed by Apple trusted developer, so there would be no potential risks of information leakage.
4. AnyTrans could even transfer apps themselves between iDevices running 8.2 and eariler.
How to Transfer App Data Between iDevices
Step 1. Free download AnyTrans > Launch it on computer > Plug in both iPhones.
Step 2. Click iDevice tab > Scroll down or click the tab on your right > Select Merge Device.
How to Transfer App Data Between iDevices - Step 2
Step 3. Check whether you have chosen the correct device as target device before merging. If not, click the device name in the upper middle to switch.
How to Transfer App Data Between iDevices - Step 3
Step 4. Check the box of Apps and uncheck other boxes, then click ">" to start transfer.
How to Transfer App Data Between iDevices - Step 4
The Bottom Line
That's all for how to restore iPhone apps from iTunes backup and the introduction of one powerful tool capable of transferring App data between iDevices. If you find the guide helpful, please give it a like or share it with others, by the way, AnyTrans can actually help you transfer other kind of data between iDevices, like contacts, notes, with so many great features, why don't you download it and have a try!
What's Hot on iMobie
More Related Articles You May Like
- How to Transfer Contacts from iPhone to Computer – This article tells you how to transfer contacts from iPhone to computer. Read More >>
- How to Transfer Data from Computer to iPhone – Read this tutorial and get to know how to transfer data from computer to iPhone. Read More >>
- How to Transfer Notes from iPhone to iPhone – Read this guide and get to know how to transfer notes from iPhone to iPhone. Read More >>
- How to Transfer Files to iCloud – This post shows you how to transfer files to iCloud. Read More >>