How to Save Downloaded Photos to Separate Albums on iPhone
Can I save pictures I downloaded from Safari, or Whatsapp, to go into their own folder /album rather than intermingled in with the Camera Roll? Read on this iMobie guide to find the answer.
AnyTrans is an iOS transfer that is capable of transferring iPhone photos. Now download it before we start this tutorial will save you a lot of time.
I recently switched from Android to an iPhone, and I've been pretty good for the most changes but this disturbs me. How can I save images I downloaded from Safari, or Facebook, to go into their own folder /album rather than intermingled in with the camera roll?
--Asked on Reddit
You can create and sync a folder with sub-folders (max of 1 in terms of recursion) via iTunes. You choose a folder to sync and they will be placed in their own folders without going into the Camera Roll.
That's your best option in terms of local storage. The inconvenience with this method is there is no sort in the default Photos app. It sorts by date, instead of smarter albums like Selfies, Slo-mo, Faces, etc. So if you organize photos locally and sync them, they will be out of order. You would have to create a copy and modify via a batch utility so that the date will go in the order you would like.
There are online options like iCloud Photo Library / Google Photos, but not only does that rely on being connected (aside from having previously viewed photos cached), but it also doesn't have a sort. So again, you're stuck with a sort by date.
The Tool We Use
What you need is an professional iPhone photo manager software that you can use to organize your photos and albums in a more intuitive way. So we suggest an iOS content manager - AnyTrans. And below are some features of this tool you may be interested in.
- AnyTrans perfectly categorizes all your photo videos, slo-movies, bursts, panoramas and more in albums. Besides Camera Roll, Photo Stream and Photo Library, it also takes in app pictures in each app-name folder.
- AnyTrans allows you to migrate your entire camera rolls to computer with lightning speed - transfer 100 pictures in only 3.4 seconds - and easily free up gigabytes of space in a single tap.
- You can now export all your live photos as animated GIF pictures and share them on Facebook.
Save Downloaded Photos to a Separate Album
Step 1. Free download and install AnyTrans on your computer, and plug in your iPhone.
Step 2. Open AnyTrans, click on "Your Device" icon on the homepage > Choose Photos > Choose the album you want to manage:
Save Downloaded Photos to a Separate Album
Step 3. Create new albums per your need > After that, you can save your downloaded photos to a separate Album
The Bottom Line
With the help of AnyTrans, it is very easy and convenient for managing photos and albums on your iPhone. If you still have any question about this guide, please contact our support team via Email, they will reply to you within 24 hours. If you like this guide, please share it with your friends. Why not have a try on AnyTrans now?
What's Hot on iMobie
New iOS Data to iPhone Transfer Guidelines > iMobie Team·August 12
2016 Best iPhone Data Recovery Tools Review > Corrinla·August 27
2016 Best iPhone Backup Extractor Tools > Tom·August 16
How to Recover Deleted Text Messages iPhone > Corrinla·March 17
How to Transfer Photos from iPhone to PC > Kelly·August 06
More Related Articles You May Like
- How to Sync Music from iTunes to Flash Drive or USB – This guide will show you how to transfer music from iTunes to flash drive/USB as backup. Read more >>
- How to Copy Music from iPhone to iPad – Read on this guide to know how to send music from iPhone to iPad with ease. Read more>>
- How to Send Music from iPod touch to Mac – You will learn a simple and easy way to transfer music from iPod touch to Mac. Read more>>
- How to Send Music from Computer to iPad – If you want to find a simple way to transfer music from computer to iPad, you can read on this guide to find an answer. Read more >>
- Transfer Music from iPhone to Computer – How to import music from iPhone to computer? This guide will help you solve the trouble in 3 easy steps. Read more >>
- Transfer Music from iPod to Your Computer – Don't know how to transfer music from iPod to computer? This guide may help you solve the trouble.Read more >>