How to Stop iPhoto from Opening Automatically
If you want to stop iPhoto automatically opening when you connect your iPhone, iPod touch or iPad to your Mac, this iMobie guide will tell you how to make it with a step-by-step tutorial.
Go to download this wonderful software to manage and transfer photos on iPhone/iPod touch/iPad with ease after reading this guide about how to stop iPhoto from opening automatically.
68% iMobie user queries are about the iPhone storage is running out, and there is no more free space for taking new photos. If you're in the similar situation, take a minute to read our complete and dedicated How to Import Photos from iPhone to Mac tutorial.
With the built-in iPhoto, we can use iPhoto to transfer photos to Mac. It is very convenient to manage photos with this wonderful app. But you may not want to let it pop up on your Mac automatically every time when you plug in your iPhone/iPad/iPod touch. Thus, how to stop iPhoto from opening automatically? In this guide, we will show you how to set up your iPhoto.
You May Like: How to Sync Photos from iPhone to iPad Air/mini >
Part 1. How to Stop iPhoto from Launching Automatically For All Devices
1.Open up iPhoto.
2.Go to Preferences from the menu bar, and locate the "Connecting Camera opens".
How to Stop iPhoto from Opening Automatically – Step 2
3.Change it from iPhoto to "No application" and iPhoto won't pop up next time until you need it.
How to Stop iPhoto from Opening Automatically – Step 3
Part 2. How to Stop iPhoto from Launching Automatically for Just One Device
Here takes iPhone as example.
- Connect your iPhone to your Mac via a USB cable. (iPhoto will open one last time, go ahead and close it.)
- Now open "Image Capture", and click on iPhone icon in the left-hand pane.
- In the lower left corner, click the little pull-down menu next to "Connecting this iPhone opens" and choose "No application".
How to Stop iPhoto from Launching Automatically for Just One Device
4. Close Image Capture.
Note: This way is also used to stop the Image Capture application from launching automatically.
The Bottom Line
If you want to transfer photos from iPhone to computer, to another device, you can use AnyTrans to help you to make it. If you still have any question on your mind, you can contact our support team via Email, and they will reply to you within 24 hours. If you find this post useful, just share it with friends.
What's Hot on iMobie
More Related Articles You May Like
- How to Sync Photos from Photo Stream to Computer Easily – This guide will show you how to transfer photos from Photo Stream to computer with ease. Read more >>
- How to Copy Photos from Photo Library to Computer Easily – Read on this guide to know how to transfer photos from Photo Library to computer easily. Read more >>
- How to Remove Photos from iPhone/iPad Photo Library – You will learn two ways to clear photos from iPhone or iPad Photo Library. Read more >>
- How to Sync Photos from PC to iPad – This guide will show you two ways to send photos from PC to iPad. Read more >>
- PhoneBrowse - Free iPhone Explorer Software – PhoneBrowse is a free iPhone explorer software made to explore your iPhone, iPad and iPod touch file system. Read More >>
- PhoneClean - Best iPhone Cleaner Software – PhoneClean gives hands-free cleaning, in-depth privacy protection, ultimate speed-up & more iOS cleaning features. Read More >>
- What Is the Best iPhone File Transfer – Need an all-in-one iPhone File Transfer software to keep everything organized? Here is the answer. Read More >>