How to Switch on Dark Mode on Mac (Yosemite and El Capitan)
Want to have a try on the dark mode on your Mac? This post will show you how to turn on dark mode for Dock and Menu Bar on Mac OS X Yosemite and El Capitan.
With MacClean, you can clean up and speed up your Mac Yosemite and El Capitan by removing junk files. Download it to have a try after reading this guide on how to enable dark mode on Mac.
In this 'Upgrade to New Mac' season, are you ready to upgrade your Macs to macOS Sierra or the new Macbook, Macbook Pro, Macbook Air? If you have the same plan, take a minute to have a look at our dedicated and detailed Mac Cleaner solution review, which will help you choose the best Mac cleaner software to clean up and free up space on your Mac.
Dark mode is a newly added feature to Mac OS X Yosemite, and it also works on El Capitan. Mac users will get a totally new experience on their Mac’s look by enabling dark mode. The Dock and menu bar background will turn dark fonts will become white, which might be easier on the eyes with less strain.
Follow our guide to learn how to enable dark mode on Yosemite and El Capitan.
Also Read: How to Clean MacBook to Run Faster >
How to Turn on Dark Mode on El Capitan
The steps to enable dark mode are same on Yosemite and El Capitan.
Step 1. Open System Preference on your Mac.
Step 2. Click General option.
Enable Dark Mode on Mac El Capitan– Step 2
Step 3. Check “Use dark menu bar and Dock” to enable dark mode.
Enable Dark Mode on Mac El Capitan– Step 3
Step 4. Now view your menu bar and the Dock, you will see the background gets black immediately.
Enable Dark Mode on Mac El Capitan – Step 4
Bonus Tip: How to Remove Junk Files from Mac Yosemite and El Capitan
It is recommended to clean up your Mac with a free and powerful Mac cleaner named MacClean. It helps optimize all Macs by removing various types of junk files, including Mac Yosemite and El Capitan. Free Download MacClean to Clean Your Mac Now >
- Remove junks from Mac like Internet junks, user junks, development junks, app leftovers, etc.
- Clear malicious cookies on Mac to protect your privacy from leaking.
- Secure your Mac and keep it away from various malware, spyware, or other viruses.
- 9 useful maintenance utilities: Duplicates Finder, File Eraser, Large & Old File Finder, Extension Manager, App Uninstaller, etc.
Clean up Your Mac Yosemite and El Capitan with MacClean
The Bottom Line
The dark mode will give your Mac a new and fresh interface. If you don’t like it, just uncheck it in step 3.Why not have a try on MacClean for free now? We hope you found this guide helpful.
What's Hot on iMobie
More Related Articles You May Like
- How to Clean MacBook Air in a Safe Way - Read on this guide to know how to clean your MacBook Air in a reliable way. Read more >>
- Top 15 Effective Apps for Mac Yosemite - This article collects the 15 best apps for Mac OS X Yosemite users. Read more >>
- The Most Common OS X Problems with Solutions - Read on this post to know the common Mac problems and solutions. Read more >>
- How to Find and Delete Big Files on Mac - There is quick guide about how to find and delete big files on your Mac. Read more >>
- How to Transfer Contacts from iPhone to iPhone – Want a way to transfer from the old iPhone contacts to the new? Check this guide to learn more. Read More >>
- How to Transfer Photos from iPhone to Mac – Learn how to offload your Camera Roll photos from iPhone to your Mac in few clicks. Read More >>
- What Is the Best iPhone File Transfer – Need an all-in-one iPhone File Transfer software to keep everything organized? Here is the answer. Read More >>