Want to know how to transfer iTunes library to iPhone 8/X, or other iPhone models, iPhone 7/6s/6/5s/SE? Follow this guide to grab two ways to easily sync iTunes library to new iPhone.
AnyTrans provide you with easy ways to manage your all kinds of iPhone data, from your iTunes, iCloud, iDevice itself, and computer (PC/Mac). Supports all iPhone models, iPhone 8/7/6s/6/5s/SE.
iPhone X/8 (Plus) is arriving, with all kinds of new and eye-caching features out there, OLED iPhone model, facial recognition and all-screen, wireless charging, water proofing, and so on.
When we get a up-to-date iPhone 8/X, besides enjoying its new good-looking, we would like more to add more information to the new iPhone, and make it serve our daily lives right away.
To add data and files to new iPhone 8/X, you can have many ways, restoring from iTunes, or iCloud, or even switch from an Android device, when setting it up, or after setting up, syncing iTunes data and files, or transferring from previous iDevices, etc. In this post, we mainly focus on showing you how to sync iTunes to new iPhone 8/X, with three methods. Keep reading and grab them all.
Method 1. How to Transfer iTunes Library to iPhone 8/X with Dragging
For music and videos files, iTunes enables users to directly drag the titles you want from iTunes library to iPhone 8/X. And here are steps.
Using this method, there will be several limits you need to know firstly,
- You can only add music or video from a single iTunes Library to iPhone 8/X.
- Direct iTunes library transferring is extremely slow, and may leads to iTunes crash.
- You may lose your files in the process, happening occasionally.
Base on these unpleasant issues, we sincerely recommend you to move to Method 3 for a better iTunes files transferring.
Step 1. Connect your iPhone 8/X to your computer.
Step 2. Open iTunes.
Step 3. Choose the content that you want to add to your new iPhone from your iTunes library.
Step 4. Then drag the content to your iPhone, in the left sidebar.
Method 2. How to Transfer iTunes to iPhone 8/X with iTunes Syncing
The second way to sync iTunes to new iPhone 8/X, we still use iTunes to help us, by its syncing feature. Follow these steps to manually sync iTunes to your new iPhone 8/X:
Compared to iTunes library transferring way, this syncing method can add more types of data, besides music and videos, there are also albums, playlists, books, podcasts, audiobooks, and tones. However, it also has a very important problem you need to know before using it: Syncing iTunes to iPhone 8/X with this method will erase all data existed before on your iPhone. Besides, you also have to keep patience, because of its slowness. If you cannot stand these issues, you can also move to Method 3 for a better choice, and avoiding such problems.
Step 1. Open iTunes. Update it to the latest version if it is not.
Step 2. Connect new iPhone to computer with USB cable.
Step 3. Click on the device icon.
Step 4. Click the content type that you want to sync.
Step 5. In the main iTunes window, click the box next to Sync to turn on syncing for that content type.
Step 6. After you turn on syncing for a content type, you'll see additional options to customize your sync settings. Use these options to make sure that you’re syncing the content that you want.
Step 7. Repeat steps 4-6 for each content type that you want to sync.
Step 8. Click the Apply button in the lower-right corner of the screen to save your sync settings. If syncing doesn't start automatically, click the Sync button.
Method 3. How to Sync iTunes to iPhone 8/X with AnyTrans
Considering those drawbacks of method 1, and method 2, we provide you with the third way to sync iTunes to new iPhone, much more easily, by the help of AnyTrans.
The Tool We Need
As an iTunes library extractor as well as an iPhone data transfer, AnyTrans makes it easy to manage your iOS content on your computer (PC/Mac).
1. Download your iTunes library to any iPhone, iPad, and iPod, and no data will be erased.
3. Export files in iTunes library to computer hard drive in selected folders so you can find and view them easily.
4. Transfer data from iPhone to iTunes, to computer, to another iPhone, and vice versa.
5. No erasing existed data on iPhone.
6. Ensure fast transferring speed.
So why not download it now, before we get started with detailed steps (Below we will take music transferring as an example).
Step 1. Open AnyTrans, and connect your iPhone 8/X to computer. Click iTunes Library icon.
Step 2. Click Music tab > Select the songs you want to transfer > Click the To Device button on the right hand corner to start the transferring journey.
The Bottom Line
With these three methods you can successfully sync iTunes to iPhone 8/X, with ease. But by comparison, AnyTrans way is highly recommended. Download and freely try it now. If you are searching for other ways to transfer data to iPhone 8/X, here are the complete list of guides to help you:
More Upgrade to iPhone 8/X Related Articles:
- A Complete Guide to Upgrade to New iPhone 8/X >
- How to Back Up Old iPhone 4s/5s/6/6s/7/SE >
- How to Set Up and Activate New iPhone 8/X >
- How to Import SIM Contacts to iPhone 8/X >
- How to Transfer Data from Old iPhone to New iPhone 8/X >
- How to Transfer Data/Files from Android to New iPhone 8/X >
- How to Transfer Files from Computer to New iPhone 8/X >
- How to Restore iPhone 8/X from iCloud Backup >
- How to Restore iPhone from iTunes Backup >
- Top Tips & Tricks to Maintain New iPhone 8/X >
- How to Speed Up iPhone to Make It Run Faster >
- How to Save Battery Life on iPhone 8/X >
- How to Spare More Available Storage on iPhone 8/X >