Top 5 Causes of Data Loss
What are the most common causes of data loss? Read this post to know more about data loss and keep your data safe.
Free download PhoneRescue and recover your lost data from iOS devices after reading this Wiki page of PhoneRescue.
By the nature an iPhone is always in danger of getting damaged, lost or stolen. How about your important iOS data? To help you recover your lost or mistakenly deleted photos, messages and other data on your iPhone, we collected 5 top best iPhone Data Recovery Software and evaluate them carefully to provide valuable references for you.
As known to all, if we delete some data by mistake, we can get it back with some methods. However, not all the data can be recovered, and the process of recovering is very complicated. If you are not computer master, you have to use some professional data recovery software or call a data recovery specialist to make it.
Therefore, we spend hours preparing this post of Top 5 Causes of Data Loss so that you can take measures to avoid losing data caused by these reasons.
1. Hardware or System Malfunctions
According to a survey of data loss's causes, more than two-fifth of users lose data because of hardware or system malfunctions. It is the most common cause of data loss. Absolutely, the hardware or system malfunctions can be shown in many forms, such as, electrical failure, head crash, controller failure, etc.
To avoid hardware or system malfunctions, we offer you several tips as followed:
- Handle with your device properly and keep it work in safe, dry and dust-free areas. And choose a low-traffic location for it.
- Using an uninterrupted power supply to reduce the risk of data loss because of power failure.
2. Human Errors
Believe or not, human error is also one of the most common causes of data loss. Normally, there are two kinds of human errors causing data loss, one is clicking Delete or Format button to erase something we don't mean to, and another one is causing physical damages because of dropping or failing our storage device by accident.
- Choose a low-traffic location for your storage device.
- Be cautions in deleting any file or formatting any storage device.
Top 5 Causes of Data Loss
3. Software Corruption
Almost all of us have experienced that the software we are using shuts down suddenly without reasons when we are making an important document or editing a picture. Such scenarios are called Software Corruption, which is cause by using some diagnostic tools or taking too much memory, etc.
- Have a good working habit – save your documents frequently during the process of editing.
- Use diagnostic utilities with caution.
4. Computer Viruses and Malware
You know that computer viruses can slow down your computer and steal credit card information. In fact, computer viruses or other malware also can spread like wild fire causing partial or complete damage to your important data.
Therefore, it is essential that you should install a good antivirus software and keep it updated.
5. Natural Disasters
Contrary to the causes of data loss listed above, natural disasters are the most uncontrollable cause. Such as, fires, floods, earthquakes, even brownouts, all of them are out of our control. Fortunately, according to the survey, only 3 percent of users lost data because of natural disasters.
Therefore, it is more important for you to minimize the risk of data loss caused by the reasons listed above, especially the human errors. But we still provide you several tips to avoid the data loss as a result of natural disasters bellow:
- Store important but not sensitive data with cloud storage service, such as, Google drive, iCloud, etc.
- Install a UPS.
- Backup important data frequently and store them in another storage device.
With the popularity of smart phone, people tend to store more and more important data on mobile phone. Although we begin with data recovery on computer or other external storage devices when writing this post, the most common causes of data loss can be also applied to mobile devices, including mobile phones, tablets, etc.
If you are iOS users, you can't miss:
Top Posts on Recovering iPhone Lost Data:
How to Recover Deleted Photos from iPhone > By Vicky. April 11th, 2017
How to Retrieve Deleted Messages from iPhone >By Joy. March 24th, 2017
How to Recover Deleted Notes on iPhone > By Vicky. July 7th, 2017
How to Recover Deleted Contacts from iPhone > By Joy. June 30th, 2016
How to Recover Deleted Videos from iPhone > By Vicky. August 28th, 2016
How to Download & Extract iCloud Backup > By Vicky. August. 1, 2017
How to Recover Deleted History on iPhone > By Joy. July 10, 2016
More Related Articles You May Like
- How to Transfer Music from Old iPod to iPhone - Can't find ways to move your music library from iPod to iPhone? AnyTrans helps you out. ReadRead more >>
- Want to Recover Deleted Videos without Backup? - Read this post to get them back. Read more >>
- How to Retrieve Deleted Pictures Quickly? - Still Puzzled about this problem, Data Recover helps you out. Read more >>
- How to Recover Deleted Camera Roll Photos from iPad? - How to get deleted photos back on your iPad? Answer lies in this post. Read more >>
- How to Transfer Contacts from iPhone to iPhone – Want a way to transfer from the old iPhone contacts to the new? Check this guide to learn more. Read More >>
- How to Transfer Photos from iPhone to Mac – Learn how to offload your Camera Roll photos from iPhone to your Mac in few clicks. Read More >>
- What Is the Best iPhone File Transfer – Need an all-in-one iPhone File Transfer software to keep everything organized? Here is the answer. Read More >>