How to Transfer Text Messages from iPhone to iPhone 6/6s (Plus)
Just get a new iPhone and plan to transfer text messages from the old iPhone to iPhone 6/6s? This quick post will show you an easy solution.
Download this amazing iOS data transfer tool so you can take overall control of your iOS content after reading this guide on how to transfer text messages from iPhone 4s/5/5s to iPhone 6/6s.
In this new round of "Upgrade to new iPhone", are you ready for upgrading your old iPhone to the new iPhone 7 / iPhone 7 Plus? If not yet, you can take a minute to read our comprehensive and detailed How to Transfer Data from Old iPhone to New iPhone tutorial.
Many owners of an old iPhone 4s/5/5s will choose to get a relatively new iPhone like iPhone 6/iPhone 6s (Plus) for better using experience. And migrating the personal chats in the Messages app between two iPhones is one of the most-asked questions.
Some of you may feel tired of backing up & restoring via iCloud to transfer texts from iPhone to iPhone 6/6s. As we all know that restoring the new iPhone from the iCloud backup will bring back text messages in your old iPhone. However, not only texts, some other content you may not need can also be restored. To transfer only messages from old iPhone to new iPhone 6/6s (Plus), we will introduce you an alternative option to go – with AnyTrans.
Check what makes AnyTrans stand out
AnyTrans is an iOS data transferring & managing tool specially made for all iPhone, iPad and iPod. It gives you the chance to transfer SMS/iMessages from old iPhone 4/4s/5/5s/5c to new iPhone 6/6s (Plus) directly, and there is no need to perform the complicated backup & restore procedure. It also allows you to copy iPhone messages to computer as PDF/TXT/HTML format. Besides messages, it supports other files like photos, videos, songs, contacts, notes, calendar, voice memos, etc. Download AnyTrans to take a tour >
You May Like: How to Access iCloud Messages >
How to Transfer Texts from iPhone 4s/5/5s to iPhone 6/6s (Plus)
Step 1. Open AnyTrans on your computer, and connect both your old iPhone and the new iPhone 6/6s to computer. Wait for AnyTrans to load data of your iPhones.
Step 2. Go the manage page of your old iPhone by clicking the device name. Click the Phone Merge shortcut button.
Transfer Texts from iPhone 4s/5/5s to iPhone 6/6s with AnyTrans
Step 3. Choose Messages, and click Start button. The process might take few minutes for AnyTrans need to backup, merge, and sync messages from one iPhone to another.
How to Transfer Text Messages from iPhone to iPhone 6/6s with AnyTrans
Note: Transferring messages from iPhone to iPhone 6/6s with the Phone Merge function will not erase any previous messages on the target iPhone. If you want to transfer the texts from iPhone to iPhone 6/6s and wipe the messages on the target phone, you can use the Phone Clone function.
You May Like: How to Manage Messages on Your iPhone >
The Bottom Line
AnyTrans would be the most effective way to transfer selected messages, contacts, notes, photos, videos, songs and more from iPhone 4s/5/5s to iPhone 6/6s (Plus). Take a tour with AnyTrans now >
What's Hot on iMobie
More Related Articles You May Like
- How to Get Back Deleted Texts on iPhone – This post shows you how to recover deleted messages from iPhone. Read more >>
- How to See iCloud Messages – This guide will show you how to view messages in iCloud backup. Read more >>
- How to Transfer Text Messages from iPhone to PC/Mac - This guide will show you how to transfer text messages from iPhone to computer. Read more >>
- How to Backup Texts on iPhone - Read this post to know an easy way to backup text messages on iPhone to computer. Read more >>
- PhoneBrowse - Free iPhone Explorer Software – PhoneBrowse is a free iPhone explorer software made to explore your iPhone, iPad and iPod touch file system. Read More >>
- PhoneClean - Best iPhone Cleaner Software – PhoneClean gives hands-free cleaning, in-depth privacy protection, ultimate speed-up & more iOS cleaning features. Read More >>
- What Is the Best iPhone File Transfer – Need an all-in-one iPhone File Transfer software to keep everything organized? Here is the answer. Read More >>